LibreOffice, the popular open source office suite, received a major update Wednesday with the release of version 5.0, which adds a host of new features and compatibility with Windows 10.
LibreOffice - News, Features, and Slideshows
A new version of LibreOffice's Calc program has broken many spreadsheets, users say, and a perceived unwillingness by developers to address the problem has sparked an ill-tempered argument.
The Document Foundation on Wednesday announced the availability of new certifications for IT pros working with its LibreOffice productivity suite, aimed at growing the products' heretofore-limited user base and making them more attractive to the enterprise.
The Document Foundation is looking for developers who want to help make documents locked in old, outdated and inaccessible file formats readable again.
Open source office suite LibreOffice has overhauled its spreadsheet program, Calc, to try to make it better suited to the needs of enterprise users who handle big data sets.
As his interviewer stumbles for an appropriately careful term to describe the state of open-source office software development, Rafael Laguna, CEO of Open-Xchange, offers to help.
After just a few months of development, users finally have an official way to run Linux on machines using Windows 8's UEFI secure boot framework.
The Raspberry Pi Foundation has announced that the new Pi Store is open for business, providing a centralized source of software for users of its tiny PCs.
A majority of the city council in Freiburg, Germany, has voted in favor of ditching the open source suite OpenOffice to return to Microsoft Office after severe problems and complaints from employees.
The city council in Freiburg, Germany, is planning to ditch an open source office suite and go back to using Microsoft Office.
LibreOffice, the fork of the open source OpenOffice.org productivity suite, has released it first stable product in version 3.3, now available for download.
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat