LibreOffice - News, Features, and Slideshows
LibreOffice, the popular open source office suite, received a major update Wednesday with the release of version 5.0, which adds a host of new features and compatibility with Windows 10.
A new version of LibreOffice's Calc program has broken many spreadsheets, users say, and a perceived unwillingness by developers to address the problem has sparked an ill-tempered argument.
The Document Foundation on Wednesday announced the availability of new certifications for IT pros working with its LibreOffice productivity suite, aimed at growing the products' heretofore-limited user base and making them more attractive to the enterprise.
The Document Foundation is looking for developers who want to help make documents locked in old, outdated and inaccessible file formats readable again.
Open source office suite LibreOffice has overhauled its spreadsheet program, Calc, to try to make it better suited to the needs of enterprise users who handle big data sets.
As his interviewer stumbles for an appropriately careful term to describe the state of open-source office software development, Rafael Laguna, CEO of Open-Xchange, offers to help.
After just a few months of development, users finally have an official way to run Linux on machines using Windows 8's UEFI secure boot framework.
The Raspberry Pi Foundation has announced that the new Pi Store is open for business, providing a centralized source of software for users of its tiny PCs.
A majority of the city council in Freiburg, Germany, has voted in favor of ditching the open source suite OpenOffice to return to Microsoft Office after severe problems and complaints from employees.
The city council in Freiburg, Germany, is planning to ditch an open source office suite and go back to using Microsoft Office.
LibreOffice, the fork of the open source OpenOffice.org productivity suite, has released it first stable product in version 3.3, now available for download.
- Toyota funds AI research to build autonomous cars
- Uber links to sensitive ride data now expire after 48 hours
- Connected homes, smartwatches and gaming PCs dominate IFA in Berlin
- Dropbox's head of enterprise says collaboration will set it apart
- Microsoft kills off some of Nokia's apps for Windows Phone
- AOL acquires Millennial Media to bolster in-app and mobile smarts
- The 7 common mistakes marketing leaders are still making
- How Greenstone is uniting IT/marketing in the name of audience management
- Rakuten Marketing chalks up rapid Aussie digital advertising growth
- Paid endorsements get Xbox One marketer in trouble with FTC