- Cryptography laws could allow government interference in research: ADFA
- Over 10 million Web surfers possibly exposed to malvertising
- Big-data tools empowering security analytics – but don't forget business context
- NSA will lose access to 'historical' phone surveillence data Nov. 29
- Security firm ‘guarantees’ to pay more than Google does for Chrome exploits
LibreOffice - News, Features, and Slideshows
A new version of LibreOffice's Calc program has broken many spreadsheets, users say, and a perceived unwillingness by developers to address the problem has sparked an ill-tempered argument.
The Document Foundation on Wednesday announced the availability of new certifications for IT pros working with its LibreOffice productivity suite, aimed at growing the products' heretofore-limited user base and making them more attractive to the enterprise.
The Document Foundation is looking for developers who want to help make documents locked in old, outdated and inaccessible file formats readable again.
Open source office suite LibreOffice has overhauled its spreadsheet program, Calc, to try to make it better suited to the needs of enterprise users who handle big data sets.
As his interviewer stumbles for an appropriately careful term to describe the state of open-source office software development, Rafael Laguna, CEO of Open-Xchange, offers to help.
After just a few months of development, users finally have an official way to run Linux on machines using Windows 8's UEFI secure boot framework.
The Raspberry Pi Foundation has announced that the new Pi Store is open for business, providing a centralized source of software for users of its tiny PCs.
A majority of the city council in Freiburg, Germany, has voted in favor of ditching the open source suite OpenOffice to return to Microsoft Office after severe problems and complaints from employees.
The city council in Freiburg, Germany, is planning to ditch an open source office suite and go back to using Microsoft Office.
LibreOffice, the fork of the open source OpenOffice.org productivity suite, has released it first stable product in version 3.3, now available for download.
- NAB CMO: Customer experience economy requires corporate culture rethink
- Getting your board to support marketing
- Brand redesign, customer data and product story top priority list for Salmat's new CMO
- Report shows businesses still struggle with innovation
- How voice analytics helps iiNet hear customer problems on its network