- United's bug bounty doesn't include in-flight systems
- The week in security: It's hack or be hacked as airplane rises, defences fall
- FBI: Victims of online fraud lost $800m to scammers last year
- Attackers use email spam to infect point-of-sale terminals with new malware
- Large scale attack hijacks routers through users' browsers
layoffs - News, Features, and Slideshows
layoffs in pictures
Yahoo is closing its only remaining office in China and laying off between 200 and 300 employees there, news reports said on Wednesday.
Citrix Systems announced better than expected financial results for the last quarter but also a restructuring plan that will see 900 jobs being cut.
Storage giant, EMC, will soon start handing out pink slips as part of a new restructuring effort prompted by a weakened financial outlook.
Sony is planning to lay off another 1,000 people from its mobile division as it attempts to bring the unit back to profitability, according to Japan's Nikkei business daily.
Microsoft has handed out pink slips in a third round of job cuts that "almost" concludes its plan to eliminate 18,000 positions.
A plunging stock market, crumbling budgets, layoffs and restructurings: So much of today's news is bad, so much of it can adversely affect your career, and so much of it is maddeningly beyond your control.
Retaining strategically important IT staff in a recession can provide an organisation with competitive advantage. Outsourcing selectively now is a good option, but retaining in house project management skills is the key for IT leaders when the economic climate improves.
A senior corporate executive leaves the company, taking with him his framed family photographs, his prized gold pen-and-pencil set -- and the passwords of several hundred employees.
Signs everywhere point to the plight of the laid-off tech worker. Tech consultancy BearingPoint files for bankruptcy. Hewlett-Packard's profits plummet. Silicon Valley employment falls for the first time in several years. With daily layoffs and few new jobs available, techies have seen their careers careening off track -- and now they need to reinvent themselves or get off the tech train altogether.
A look at this year's job cutbacks at Cisco, HP, Dell, Sun and other top technology companies
- Review: Windows 10 Insider Preview -- a nearly finished OS
- Microsoft implores enterprises to help it test optional Windows 7 updates
- 7 free Wi-Fi stumbling and surveying tools for Windows and Mac
- Sony's Xperia Z4 renamned Z3+ outside Japan, goes on sale in June
- Wearables to hit stride in enterprises from 2017: Frost & Sullivan
- Qantas sets up new panel for Red Planet to conduct market research
- Updated: REA's marketing strategy chief takes CMO post at MYOB
- TedxSydney taps into real-time social to fuel engagement
- Why optimisation is the name of the game at First
- Video, mobile show strong growth in IAB's Q1 online advertising report