- Attackers exploit vulnerabilities in two WordPress plugins
- Enterprise-grade authentication needed to secure exploding public Wi-Fi services
- Tencent, Qihoo antimalware firms are accused of cheating, stripped of rankings in antivirus tests
- Civil liberties groups oppose bill ending NSA's bulk phone records program
- Hospital group criticized for emailing health information
layoffs - News, Features, and Slideshows
layoffs in pictures
Yahoo is closing its only remaining office in China and laying off between 200 and 300 employees there, news reports said on Wednesday.
Citrix Systems announced better than expected financial results for the last quarter but also a restructuring plan that will see 900 jobs being cut.
Storage giant, EMC, will soon start handing out pink slips as part of a new restructuring effort prompted by a weakened financial outlook.
Sony is planning to lay off another 1,000 people from its mobile division as it attempts to bring the unit back to profitability, according to Japan's Nikkei business daily.
Microsoft has handed out pink slips in a third round of job cuts that "almost" concludes its plan to eliminate 18,000 positions.
A plunging stock market, crumbling budgets, layoffs and restructurings: So much of today's news is bad, so much of it can adversely affect your career, and so much of it is maddeningly beyond your control.
Retaining strategically important IT staff in a recession can provide an organisation with competitive advantage. Outsourcing selectively now is a good option, but retaining in house project management skills is the key for IT leaders when the economic climate improves.
A senior corporate executive leaves the company, taking with him his framed family photographs, his prized gold pen-and-pencil set -- and the passwords of several hundred employees.
Signs everywhere point to the plight of the laid-off tech worker. Tech consultancy BearingPoint files for bankruptcy. Hewlett-Packard's profits plummet. Silicon Valley employment falls for the first time in several years. With daily layoffs and few new jobs available, techies have seen their careers careening off track -- and now they need to reinvent themselves or get off the tech train altogether.
A look at this year's job cutbacks at Cisco, HP, Dell, Sun and other top technology companies
- UXC buys SAP hybris integrator, contiigo
- CeBit 2015: Turnbull outlines vague MO for new Digital Transformation Office
- Rackspace Devops powering ARL, NRL and A-League fantasy sports leagues
- Zebra changes channel stripes
- CeBIT 2015: Co-founder Chris Kemp on OpenStack's beginnings and the future of Cloud