laws - News, Features, and Slideshows
ASIO is not carrying out mass surveillance of average citizens and the agency is subject to an appropriate level of oversight, according to the organisation's head David Taylor Irvine, director-general of security.
Bitcoin could give a boost to online betting due to the digital currency’s anonymous nature and ability to circumvent anti-gambling laws in the United States and other countries.
Customers no longer have to prove their identity at the store when buying prepaid mobile services, under new identity verification rules that took effect today.
The growth of cloud computing may mean an update to regulations protecting Australians’ personal data is required, according to Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) chairman, Chris Chapman.
Privacy commissioners of Australia and New Zealand said they need more enforcement authority to combat data breaches and other privacy concerns.
Whitepapers about laws
Read this whitepaper to find out how one of New Zealand’s oldest leading law firms was able to remove tangible risk to the business and enhance productivity by rapidly deploying an improved fundamental Unified Communication solution.
- Good Technology launches enterprise mobility suites
- Telstra fixed line access price consultation begins
- Australian and New Zealand networks drive scientific research
- UPDATED: Planet Tel acquires Via IP to move into wholesale aggregation
- BlackBerry won’t give up on devices, but enterprise remains top priority
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads
- Australia's top digital marketers break away from the industry pack
- Carsales rolls out SAS's Intelligent Advertising technology
- Deloitte defines 5 attributes to cope with next wave of digital disruption