The world of hypervisors is complicated by the fact that there are proprietary and open source tools and the latter are often pressed into service in different ways, say nothing of the fact that the whole market is evolving quickly.
kvm - News, Features, and Slideshows
A Sydney-based IT services provider has built a public Cloud with the Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) virtualisation hypervisor instead of one of the better-known commercial or open source products making it one of the first of its kind in Australia.
It's been said that Oracle is now the industry's most powerful open source vendor, but don't tell that to Red Hat executives, who say Oracle doesn't even qualify as an open source company.
A new version of the Linux kernel, 2.6.34, has been released by Linus Torvalds featuring two new file systems and a number of updates to virtualisation and device driver code.
The Linux KVM hypervisor is gaining steam in the cloud computing market, with two major vendors using the virtualization software to create cloud platforms to compete against Amazon's popular EC2 service.
Open source virtualization app QEMU has reached version 0.11 and brings some 1400 changes from 90 contributors.
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Check your Future Risk
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is