- Twitter's two-step authentication a good start, experts say
- U.S. urged to let companies 'hack-back' at IP cyber thieves
- AusCERT 2013: Introduction to Network Security Monitoring with Security Onion - AusCERT Presentation
- Auscert 2013: Perimeter protection has failed, encryption needs its day in the sun
- Researchers find more versions of digitally signed Mac OS X spyware
kde in pictures
The KDE open source project has released version 4.7 of its KDE Software Compilation (SC) suite debuting support for the new Telepathy unified communications infrastructure and a new level of user experience, according to its developers.
The next release of the open source KDE desktop environment won’t overhaul its interface but more features and stability is the way as the first 4.7 beta is now available for download.
New open source projects have been launched by KDE developers aimed at bringing a consistent user interface across a varied of touch screen interfaces like tablets and entertainment devices and take data integration to a new level.
The open source GNOME project has released the next generation of its desktop environment, GNOME 3, with new features and a redesigned interface, but will its flagship Linux distribution, Ubuntu, choose it above its own Unity?
The first beta release of Ubuntu 11.04 'Natty Narwhal' arrived today and with it comes one of the biggest changes since the project began – the default desktop changes from GNOME to Unity.
KDE SC 4.4.0, Codenamed "Caikaku", has been released and has had many changes since the 4.3 release in August 2009. More than 7000 bugs fixed and 1433 new feature requests implemented, including a new interface for netbooks and touchscreen devices. We take a visual tour of KDE SC 4.4 and highlight the technologies well suited to consumers and IT departments.
Governance for all is more than an IT initiative or a goal written in a plan document; it’s a strategy that unites IT and business content owners to achieve their SharePoint goals. At its best, governance means empowering self-governance, with tools like delegated access, effective reporting, and automated policy enforcement. This white paper explains how to create a “governance for all” strategy that will enhance SharePoint adoption and its benefits to the organization. Read now.
Angry IP Scanner (or simply ipscan) is an open-source and cross-platform network scanner designed to be fast and simple to use. It scans IP addresses ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTTechnical Consulting ManagerNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- Lack of information, skills hinder finance-business partnering: Deloitte
- Rapid-growing mobile payments market is driving a financial fraud marketplace
- HP profit falls 32 per cent as PC and server sales decline
- Google launching new fund for later-stage tech investments
- Apple defends offshore decisions that result in low taxes