Pundits are calling 2014 the year of the IT contractor. Here are 15 tips for setting up shop and making it stick.
jobs - News, Features, and Slideshows
jobs in pictures
Michael Page Recruitment has conducted a salary survey looking at average salaries, job by job, state by state.
"Data scientist" has already been declared this year's hottest job, and now a new report offers several more reasons to consider it as a career.
Intel is cutting 12,000 jobs worldwide as the company restructures operations to diversify from PCs into growth areas of IoT and servers.
The IT job market for the first half of 2015 is a touch softer than it originally seemed, soft enough that IT job growth is not only flat, but shrinking slightly.
Momentum keeps building in tech industry hiring, with unemployment dropping even lower than before. But it's not all good news, as Web developers and others saw increases in joblessness.
A new CIO has led MTC Australia through a strategic review of its not-for-profit educational organisation.
A look at the hot IT jobs and certifications around Australia this week
HP's looming job cuts to its enterprise services division hasn't been the most comforting news of the past week, but an inevitably impending sign of IT skills shifting in the market to take advantage of new automation technologies and other technological trends.
Last week's Budget saw little in the way of support for IT skills and education, from both the Federal Government and the Opposition Leader, Tony Abbott's budget reply. State governments are still finding it hard to get enough skilled workers, though the job ad deficit seems to be continuing both in the public and private sectors.
Despite the severity of the current financial crisis, only one in four Australian contractors, have been required to take a pay cut to stay in employment, a new report has found.
Chances are, if you've survived a round of layoffs in your career, you've probably experienced a pang of longing for lost colleagues, a lack of motivation and a decrease in productivity. According to a report by The Conference Board, an independent membership organization, such reactions can be described as "survivor's syndrome."
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Hear from International Tom Corn on the future of security virtualisation | 28th July 2016 Victoria
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing