- China attacks lead Apple to alert users on iCloud threats
- Symantec sees rise in high-traffic DDoS attacks
- Industry can head off IoT privacy rules, former US official says
- Microsoft discloses zero-day flaw, publishes quick fix
- This key drive actually unlocks something: Authentication via USB comes to Chrome
job cuts - News, Features, and Slideshows
Around 50 Systems and Technology Group jobs at IBM have gone in Australia, with many others to be moved to Lenovo, says an IBM source who asked to remain anonymous.
Qantas Airways (ASX: QAN) has announced that 5000 jobs will go over the next three years with 1500 of these to be executives, management and support roles.
Telstra has proposed cutting about 800 jobs at Sensis as it digitises the directory business.
National ICT Australia (NICTA) has confirmed that redundancies are planned at its Victorian Research Laboratory (VRL) after the Victorian state government announced funding reductions.
Job cuts contributed to an increase in net profit at Optus in the quarter ending 30 September, despite falling revenue.