job cuts - News, Features, and Slideshows
IBM has strenuously denied circulating media reports that the company will slash 110,000 jobs under a scheme known internally as Project Chrome, representing 26% of its global workforce.
Around 50 Systems and Technology Group jobs at IBM have gone in Australia, with many others to be moved to Lenovo, says an IBM source who asked to remain anonymous.
Qantas Airways (ASX: QAN) has announced that 5000 jobs will go over the next three years with 1500 of these to be executives, management and support roles.
Telstra has proposed cutting about 800 jobs at Sensis as it digitises the directory business.
National ICT Australia (NICTA) has confirmed that redundancies are planned at its Victorian Research Laboratory (VRL) after the Victorian state government announced funding reductions.
- Google to widen Maps' offline features
- Annual WITI Summit taps into awareness, frustration over lack of women in IT
- Google targets online wannabes with offline maps and lightweight browsers
- College kids to the rescue with IT support startup HelloTech
- IDC forecasts drop in PC and tablet shipments this year