- US court fines EU spyware maker $500k and nabs source code
- BitDefender shows off 'Box', a home security device for the Internet of Things
- Use Uber? Snapchat? Google Maps? Now Twitter knows
- PoS malware also targeting ticket vending machines and electronic kiosks
- EU wants Google to apply 'right to be forgotten' delistings to global .com domain
Jim Hassell - News, Features, and Slideshows
Ex-SingTel Optus and Telstra executive John Simon has been appointed head of product and sales at NBN Co, following the departure of Jim Hassell from the position next year.
NBN Co has admitted that its roll out of the National Broadband Network (NBN) is not keeping pace with demand in new housing estates, with 3800 premises waiting to be connected.
An NBN Co special access undertaking (SAU) has been submitted to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) which guarantees fixed wholesale prices for the next five years to service providers.
Despite publishing its “final executable” Wholesale Broadband Agreement (WBA), NBN Co has conceded that the contract terms will continue to be open for consultation with industry and customers for further development.
Businesses have been urged not to miss the boat when it comes to investing early in the National Broadband Network (NBN), and advised of potential changes it could have on their operations in the future.
- Obama signs legislation allowing regulatory e-labels for smartphones, wearables
- Data retention inquiry to report in early 2015
- Aus government begins review of cyber security strategy
- Communications coalition urges national focus on broadband adoption
- Melbourne IT eyes social media market with Tiger Pistol