- Sen. Markey wants to know: Can your car be hacked?
- Microsoft customer privacy vs. NSA snooping
- Android flashlight app developer settles FTC charges of sharing geolocation data
- JPMorgan to notify 500,000 due to data breach, but will not offer replacement cards
- US faces major Internet image problem, former gov't official says
- Senate orders release of Coalition's NBN review
- Spies offered to share info about Aussies
- Brandis quizzed over PM's understanding of metadata
- MenuetOS inches towards 1.0
- UPDATED: 4G in Australia: The state of the nation
IT spending in pictures
Many Australian companies could increase their IT budgets next year with analyst firm Gartner forecasting total tech spending will jump by 2.3 per cent year-on-year.
Instead of battling with public and private cloud trade-offs, more organisations are turning to a hybrid cloud model, according to Gartner.
Telecoms technology spending is forecast to grow modestly at a 0.6 per cent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2013 to 2017, reaching US$60 billion by 2017, according to analyst firm Ovum.
The biggest investment CIOs are making this year is on custom-built software, applications and middleware, which will reach US$542 billion globally, according to Forrester Research’s latest forecast.
The economic recovery is moving at an unsteady pace, but the emphasis on cost-cutting that dominated IT agendas in recent years is sharing the spotlight with a more interesting imperative: innovation.
Researchers at the University of Tennessee have studied a variety of outsourcing deals-from IT and back-office work to manufacturing and logistics-and identified the most common mistakes organizations make when partnering with an external provider.
It's official: IT budgets, once so resilient in the face of three years of worsening economic news, aren't immune to the downturn after all.
No company is immune from the economy's ebb and flow. So it's no surprise that, in the face of a fearsome downturn, IT shops are scrambling to figure out where they should cut.
In a head to head comparison of 8 end-point security products, we look at which performs the best across crucial performance metrics - from installation time to memory usage. Download to find out which performs the best!
Gadwin Web Snapshot will effectively capture the entire page including all design elements when capturing web pages. It makes an image of the browser’s content ...
Think back to the last time all your employees were in the office, at their desks, on the same day. It’s no surprise that you might struggle, between travel and off-site meetings, remote staff, flexible schedules and sick days. In today's competitive business climate, organisations need to maintain productivity and connectedness with their staff, despite not always being onsite. In this whitepaper, we look at five ways you can improve productivity, no matter where employees are.
- New report busts myths about millennials and their digital and social behaviour
- How to start the journey towards customer-centricity
- Gaining efficiency around search-based marketing: REA Group's keyword quest
- In 2014, brands will need to be digital first -- and we need to help them change
- Yahoo acquires mobile video app startup Ptch