- Personal data on 50,000 Uber drivers exposed in breach
- White House privacy proposal aims to give consumers control over data
- Lenovo to flush 'crapware' from its consumer PCs after Superfish sin
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, February 27
- Insurance firm Staysure fined £175,000 for 'unbelievable' credit card hack
IT infrastructure - News, Features, and Slideshows
Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) sees a future where its 7,500 staff can access technology services anywhere from any unmanaged, web-connected device, as the organisation re-engineers its back-end systems to support a mobility strategy.
The government’s push for more open data and transparency no doubt opens the doors for private sector organisations to be more innovative, but it doesn’t come without its challenges.
Medibank plans to deploy software to better measure performance of its online member services platform and smartphone app, HP announced today.
Members Equity Bank is trialling workplace videoconferencing kiosks as part of its strategy to help grow its customer base, and is aiming to roll out the kiosks to six workplaces in the next six months, said the bank’s enterprise architect, Jem Richards.
There's a gap between the needs of contact centres and the IT infrastructure that is used to help run their businesses, according to Dimension Data’s Global Contact Centre Benchmarking Report 2012.
Whitepapers about IT infrastructure
Read how the University of Maryland University College boosted faculty and staff productivity by refreshing outdated computers and migrating to a standardized Windows 7 environment. • UMUC has the largest enrolment of any public university in the US and was one of the first universities in the US to offer online degree programs • The university operates a large distributed IT infrastructure with thousands of desktops • After upgrading its desktop environment, the number of help desk requests has fallen, and the volume of calls related to hardware failures has dropped significantly
- Companies don’t have policies to disrupt traditional business models: Forrester’s McQuivey
- Oppy appointed marketing chief at CUB
- Drink manufacturer Diageo pilots 'smart bottle' for Johnnie Walker Blue Label
- How Suncorp and Helloworld are driving into digital with data
- Start-up Leia to demo Star Wars-inspired hologram display technology next week