- One more time: Use two-factor authentication on iCloud, even if there's a waiting period
- Home Depot breach could potentially be as big as Target's
- Home Depot investigates possible payment data breach
- "Outraged" Apple issues update on celebrity cellphone nude photo breach
- Apple says iCloud flaw not at root of celebrity photo hack
IT careers - News, Features, and Slideshows
IT careers in pictures
Competing forces are affecting people who work on help or service desks. One is improving automation tools, which advocates say can replace level 1 and 2 support staff. At the same time, the number of help desk tickets is rising each year, which puts more demand on the service desk.
The U.S. Commerce Department plans to hire a chief data officer , whose job will be to make more of the department's data publicly available. Whoever takes the job will be part of an exclusive club.
The time is ripe for professionalizing cybersecurity, according to Salve Regina University's Pell Center for International Relations and Public Policy.
Enterprises that keep the same CIO in place for years -- and even decades -- have a unique culture of collaboration and consistency.
Microsoft's planned 18,000 job cuts, or 14% of its workforce, is the biggest tech layoff announced this year, surpassing Hewlett-Packard's announcement in May that it was cutting 16,000 jobs.
The truth, when it comes to computer employment data, is almost always ugly.
In these lean times, backups aren't what they used to be; it's inevitable that IT staffers will be called to help, especially when an important issue is brewing.
See who's made the list the last 21 years.
When it comes to IT pay, some industries fare much better than others. Find out who the winners and losers are in our 2014 Salary Survey.
A look at the methodology used to collect data for Computerworld's 2014 IT Salary Survey.
- Rocket Fuel latest programmatic ad tech vendor to come to Australia
- Apple partners with Mastercard and Visa on mobile wallet
- Skills and silos still inhibiting leading Aussie brands from being modern marketers
- Deloitte describes four-step model for customer-led marketing
- Melbourne Cricket Ground to give away pies during Beacon trial