- Tor hints at possible U.S. government involvement in recent attack
- Internet of Things devices contain high number of vulnerabilities, study finds
- Antivirus products riddled with security flaws, researcher says
- 'Right to be forgotten' ruling is unworkable and misguided, UK Lords say
- Defunct Koler ransom Trojan attacked 200,000 Android users in matter of weeks
IT careers - News, Features, and Slideshows
IT careers in pictures
Enterprises that keep the same CIO in place for years -- and even decades -- have a unique culture of collaboration and consistency.
Microsoft's planned 18,000 job cuts, or 14% of its workforce, is the biggest tech layoff announced this year, surpassing Hewlett-Packard's announcement in May that it was cutting 16,000 jobs.
In a speech Wednesday on the floor of the U.S. House, Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) declared immigration reform dead.
Not-for-profit organisation SAGE-AU said it wants to shine a spotlight on the sometimes unsung heroes of IT, system administrators.
The current shortage of cybersecurity professionals in the U.S will likely resolve itself over the next several years, according to the RAND Corp. But until then, companies will find it disturbingly difficult to find skilled workers.
The truth, when it comes to computer employment data, is almost always ugly.
In these lean times, backups aren't what they used to be; it's inevitable that IT staffers will be called to help, especially when an important issue is brewing.
See who's made the list the last 21 years.
When it comes to IT pay, some industries fare much better than others. Find out who the winners and losers are in our 2014 Salary Survey.
A look at the methodology used to collect data for Computerworld's 2014 IT Salary Survey.
- Blue Jeans Network launches new video service with Google Hangouts
- Data#3 spends $2.5m on first phase of Discovery takeover
- Tigerspike appoints Australian-based global CEO
- Human error number one cause of IT service incidents: Dimension Data
- Channel’s Software-Defined Everything competency will be specialised: Schneider Electric