- Encryption goof fixed in TorrentLocker file-locking malware
- US military unaware of Chinese attacks against transport contractors
- PGP creator, other top cryptographers head 2014 National Cyber Security Hall of Fame class
- Startup backs services with elasticity of AWS, Azure clouds to outlast DDoS attacks
- Rogue cell towers discovered in Washington, D.C.
iSuppli - News, Features, and Slideshows
U.S. iPhone and iPad sales skewed more toward devices with less storage space in the March quarter compared to the final three-month period of 2013.
Cast your mind back to the late 2000s -- when the iPhone 3G beguiled consumers and the iTunes App Store began shifting users' ideas about how they bought and used software, when Microsoft pros saw nothing but clear skies after Windows 7 cleared out the Windows Vista storm, when green technology was touted as a transformative force in IT.
Apple could have built a much less expensive iPhone, a move most analysts expected before Sept. 10, but that would have risked destroying intangible advantages the company has accumulated over decades, an expert in component costs said Wednesday.
The 16GB iPhone 5S costs Apple approximately $199 to manufacture, while the plastic-encased 16GB iPhone 5C runs $173, putting both new smartphones comfortably within the Cupertino, Calif. company's envious profit margins, an analyst said today.
With Apple's announcement that it'll bypass a SATA SSD in its Mac Pro and MacBook Air and go straight for the stratosphere of flash with a PCIe card, some pundits are speculating other laptops and desktop vendors may not be far behind.
Google, according to industry analysts, is positioning itself to take on Amazon's dominance as a cloud provider. While it's lagging today, Google could catch Amazon and some day supplant its top position in the cloud.
- More than 200 Aussie Apple fanatics hire minions to stand in line for iPhone 6
- Former Microsoft exec named CEO of Australian bar tab start-up
- Qlik launches self service Business Intelligence tool for enterprise
- Anittel posts $3 million loss in yearly results
- “Wasted” money on the NBN unrecoverable: Turnbull
- AMI gets members' choice board of directors
- Coca-Cola strategy VP: Creativity at the heart of real-time digital interaction
- Former ninemsn exec appointed CEO at bar tab app startup, Clipp
- Aussie consulting group plans to help brands solve customer experience woes
- Deloitte CMO: The differentiation point for businesses is creativity