2009 was a blockbuster year for the telecommunications and Internet Service Provider (ISP) industry by anyone's standards. As the year draws to a close we take a look at some (but not all) of the big events that shaped the year.
ISPs - News, Features, and Slideshows
ISPs in pictures
Communications Alliance CEO John Stanton has called on the federal government to extend the deadline for ISPs to develop data retention implementation plans.
Telstra's competitors continue to latch onto the arrival of Netflix in Australia, with Optus announcing six free months of the service included with some of its mobile and broadband plans.
Juniper Networks stands to gain from the entrance of Netflix into Australia, according to executives at the networking equipment supplier.
Australian ISPs continue to make a poor showing on IPv6 adoption, based on data released this week by World IPv6 Launch.
Punters who can’t make it to the Gorgeous Festival in McLaren Vale, South Australia, on November 24 will be able to view main stage performances for free in HD if they are an Internode or iiNet customer.
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Check your Future Risk
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE