2009 was a blockbuster year for the telecommunications and Internet Service Provider (ISP) industry by anyone's standards. As the year draws to a close we take a look at some (but not all) of the big events that shaped the year.
ISPs - News, Features, and Slideshows
ISPs in pictures
Communications Alliance CEO John Stanton has called on the federal government to extend the deadline for ISPs to develop data retention implementation plans.
Telstra's competitors continue to latch onto the arrival of Netflix in Australia, with Optus announcing six free months of the service included with some of its mobile and broadband plans.
Juniper Networks stands to gain from the entrance of Netflix into Australia, according to executives at the networking equipment supplier.
Australian ISPs continue to make a poor showing on IPv6 adoption, based on data released this week by World IPv6 Launch.
Punters who can’t make it to the Gorgeous Festival in McLaren Vale, South Australia, on November 24 will be able to view main stage performances for free in HD if they are an Internode or iiNet customer.
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!