ISP - News, Features, and Slideshows
iiNet has confirmed David Buckingham as its new CEO. Buckingham had been the acting in the position since November last year and was appointed by the ISP’s board of directors after an extensive worldwide search.
New Zealand ISP Slingshot has announced it will allow customers to pay for its services using Bitcoin. The ISP believes it is the largest NZ company to accept the crypto-currency.
Broadband provider Slingshot has opened up access to global video streaming sites for its customers.
One year after the World IPv6 Launch Day, the Internet industry has reported steady progress moving users around the world to the new Internet Protocol version. However, Australia continues to lag behind other companies in IPv6 uptake, industry figures told Computerworld Australia.
The Australian Internet service provider (ISP) market has continued to go through a process of consolidation. Figures released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics in October 2012 revealed that the number of 'medium'-sized ISPs — those with 1000-10,000 customers — dropped 25 per cent in the space of a year. ISPs with more than 100,000 customers dropped from 10 to eight in the same period.
While the communications networks that aid groups set up quickly following the earthquake in Haiti were surely critical to rescue efforts, the new networks have had some negative effects on the local ISP community.
Her voice is urbane, saccharine-sweet, maternal. She is grateful that I telephoned; my call is important to her. I hate the sound of her voice.
Over the last few years, the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and other organizations looking to eliminate the illegal swapping of digital media files have attacked the problem through the courts, publicity campaigns, and other means. But while they've managed to close down some peer-to-peer operations, and have successfully (and not so successfully) sued individuals who were uploading movies and music to the Web, there is one part of the Internet that has, until now, been operating under their radar: Usenet.
- Intel appoints new director of Cloud policy and government affairs
- EXCLUSIVE: Dave Rosenberg appointed new Westcon A/NZ managing director
- Citrix and Fujitsu eye A/NZ mobility market together
- Achieva promises it won’t step on resellers’ heels in becoming a value-added distributor
- Express Data's Siobhan Delaney Miller joins Westcon
- Metrics a must for making the most of content marketing, says Forrester
- Ticketek: Modern marketing strategy is about treating people as people
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads