The next versions of Apple's OS X and iOS operating systems could deliver a significant boost to worldwide IPv6 traffic.
ipv4 - News, Features, and Slideshows
Expansion of the Internet slowed in 2014 as the number of available IPv4 addresses neared exhaustion, according to a report by the Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC), the regional Internet registry for the Asia Pacific.
Demand from providers for IPv6 services on the National Broadband Network (NBN) has been low, according to Tom Sykes from NBN Co.
Telstra has begun offering IPv6 support for its business ADSL services.
Victorian co-operative No ISP has so far struggled to sign up customers to the National Broadband Network (NBN), having to deal with the shortage of available IPv4 addresses and a lack of premises hooked up to the fibre network.
All the news, features, tips and tricks you might need to ensure your company gets off the ground on IPv6, before it's too late.
The Internet engineering community says its biggest mistake in developing IPv6 - a long-anticipated upgrade to the Internet's main communications protocol - is that it lacks backwards compatibility with the existing Internet Protocol, known as IPv4.
Whitepapers about ipv4
This quarter’s report is the last time the State of the Internet Report will include a Security section covering attack traffic, reported DDoS attacks, and other security observations. Download today
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.