- Russian government offers money for identifying Tor users
- EU, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo meet on 'right to be forgotten' but questions remain
- How to prevent a website compromise like StubHub
- Nigerian 419 scammers diversifying into Trojan malware, finds Palo Alto
- Internet Explorer vulnerabilities surge to record levels in 2014, NVD figures reveal
IPTV - News, Features, and Slideshows
IPTV in pictures
Telstra (ASX: TLS) has announced a multi-million dollar technology investment in the Adelaide Oval Stadium, which includes the introduction of 1,000 Internet Protocol (IP) TV screens and an upgrade of the mobile network to 4G.
New ‘Red Home’ packages offer ultra fast broadband, 150 TV channels over fibre including Freeview, SKY and pay-per-view movies. Launching first in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
Exetel will offer unmetered streaming of TV and movie programs provided by Quickflix to its customers next year.
Optus has partnered with FetchTV to offer the latter's IPTV product, with Optus mobile phone and fixed-line customers now able to purchase 'MeTV with fetch' services from $9.95 a month.
Telstra will offer Foxtel for its T-box PVR over ADSL. Previously the telco only offered the service to cable customers.
iiNet chief technology officer, Greg Bader, recently showed off the user interface for the upcoming FetchTV Internet protocol television (IPTV) device, which the ISP will be offering outside of regular monthly data quotas.
- Intel appoints new director of Cloud policy and government affairs
- EXCLUSIVE: Dave Rosenberg appointed new Westcon A/NZ managing director
- Citrix and Fujitsu eye A/NZ mobility market together
- Achieva promises it won’t step on resellers’ heels in becoming a value-added distributor
- Express Data's Siobhan Delaney Miller joins Westcon
- Metrics a must for making the most of content marketing, says Forrester
- Ticketek: Modern marketing strategy is about treating people as people
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads