- Sony hit with second employee lawsuit over hack
- Keep encrypted files encrypted when you back them up to the cloud
- Point-of-sale malware creators still in business with Spark, an Alina spinoff
- Travel safely with your tech: How to prevent theft, loss and snooping on the road
- U.S. on Sony breach: North Korea did it
iPhone - News, Features, and Slideshows
iPhone in pictures
Apple CEO Tim Cook, who dazzled the industry with new iPhones and iPads and showed strength by becoming the first Fortune 500 CEO to publicly announce he is gay, has made Time magazine's short list for Person of the Year for 2014.
Apple has named Elevate, a set of brain training games, and Threes!, an addictive numbers game, as its top 2014 app and game, respectively.
Apple on Tuesday released an iOS update (8.1.2) for the iPhone and iPad that includes unspecified bug fixes, aside from one that the company identified as possibly resulting in ringtones purchased from iTunes disappearing.
Cisco Systems' General Counsel Mark Chandler, explaining Friday's blockbuster patent and copyright infringement lawsuits against switching rival Arista Networks (NASDAQ: ANET), emphasized that "I can count on one hand the number of times we've initiated suit against a competitor, supplier or customer."
Few have probably heard about Digione, but one of the Chinese company's latest products looks quite similar to the iPhone 6, and could potentially spark a patent dispute with Apple.
Apple's latest iOS 5 operating system for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices went live last week and one of its new features is custom notification tones.
You soon-to-be Verizon iPhone 4 customers can learn from the experiences of others. Take it from iPhone old-timers, you're about to enter a magical world of awesome apps running on the most simplistic, addictive device on the planet.
QUESTION I've bought a number of apps for my Apple iPhone via iTunes and the App Store. To avoid draining the battery by downloading apps directly to the handset, I'd like to connect my iPhone to my Windows XP PC using USB and transfer them over. However, when I connect the phone its icon doesn't appear on the desktop (although it does charge up). I've tried updating iTunes, restarting the PC and using a different USB port, all to no avail.
Ever wanted to know how they jailbreak an iPhone? Below are a couple of articles that outline a couple of methods to unlock the popular smartphone device.
Are you using your smartphone to its fullest? Probably not--smartphone owners typically push their devices up to only about half their potential. Here are 14 smartphone apps to help your Android handset, BlackBerry, or iPhone become all that it can be.
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky start. Meanwhile, the post-PC era put aging tech giants under pressure to reinvent themselves. Here in no particular order are IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of the year.
Anything less than a DIY digital home entertainment project means making the most of Apple TV
Android 'Jelly Bean,' Samsung's Notes, and Google's Nexuses finally delivered compelling capabilities as Apple stalled
Google has finally released its long-awaited Maps application for iOS.
The first half of 2012 was pretty bad - from the embarrassing hack of a conversation between the FBI and Scotland Yard to a plethora of data breaches - and the second half wasn't much better, with events including Symantec's antivirus update mess and periodic attacks from hactivists at Anonymous.
- New Vocus/Amcom entity will have initial personnel restructure
- Schneider Electric wins 2014 Platts Global Energy Award
- New undersea cable to link Australia and New Zealand
- Communications service providers will face heavy capex in coming years: Ovum
- Sony Pictures cancels Christmas day release of 'The Interview' following hacks
- Technology, simplicity and culture: Behind the scenes of Sensis’ digital transformation
- Melbourne Stars look to fan engagement with mobile marketing offer
- Forget 2015: Bing already knows which people, products and trends will win next year
- Predictive analytics for the masses gets closer with vendor investments
- Second-screen ad synching to take off in 2015