iPhone 4S - News, Features, and Slideshows
iPhone 4S in pictures
Worldwide mobile phone sales totaled 1.75 billion units in 2012, a 1.7 per cent decline from 2011 earlier despite record smartphone sales in the fourth quarter last year, according to Gartner.
The Samsung Galaxy S III, for the first time, is the top-selling smartphone in the world, beating out both the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5, according to Strategy Analytics data for the third quarter of 2012.
Fresh on the heels of its tablet court case, Samsung has taken first place from Apple in the Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) mobile phone market in Q3, according to IDC’s ANZ Quarterly Mobile Devices Tracker.
Apple iPhone 4S users can easily annoy people around them by talking to their handset when using the built-in assistant feature known as Siri.
Users of Apple's iPhone 4S are even more satisfied than iPhone 4 users last year, with 96 percent somewhat or very satisfied, according to a survey from ChangeWave Research. However, 38 percent of those surveyed said the phone's battery life is too short.
Since the advent of the first modern smartphone--arguably the original Apple iPhone in 2007--the power of these mobile computing devices that also happen to make phone calls has advanced by leaps and bounds.
You won't be able to get your hands on Apple's iPhone 4S until Friday, but US based reviews of the newest iPhone have begun trickling through today, just two days before the official launch. So, how does the iPhone 4S stack up according to the experts? We've rounded up a selection of the best reviews.
Technology giant Apple recently unveiled the company's latest iPhone -- the iPhone 4S. Featuring an identical physical design to the previous iPhone 4, the iPhone 4S (like the iPhone 3GS before it) is betting on faster performance, a better camera and a new voice recognition service to win over consumers.
Apple unveiled its latest iPhone today, but it didn't unveil the iPhone 5, like many rumours suggested. It unveiled the iPhone 4S -- it looks exactly like an iPhone 4, except it has a faster processor, a better graphics engine and a better camera.
It may not be the iPhone 5 that everybody expected but Apple does have a new iPhone, the iPhone 4S.
- Marriott CIO: FCC message on WiFi blocking loud and clear
- Microsoft to business: Don't worry about Windows 10, consumers will test it
- Google Now adds data from Lyft, Airbnb and many more apps
- Outlook app for Android and iOS boosts Microsoft's mobile comeback
- MIT randomizes tasks to speed massive multicore processors
- Report: Marketing teams must be restructured
- How virtual reality stole the show at Sundance Film Festival
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Report: Data-driven marketing the norm as marketers aim for 1-to-1 customer connections
- Updated: Jeanswest sets sights on customer growth with new omni-channel capabilities