- US court fines EU spyware maker $500k and nabs source code
- BitDefender shows off 'Box', a home security device for the Internet of Things
- Use Uber? Snapchat? Google Maps? Now Twitter knows
- PoS malware also targeting ticket vending machines and electronic kiosks
- EU wants Google to apply 'right to be forgotten' delistings to global .com domain
ip telephony - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Northern Territory government has extended three networking contracts with NEC Australia for 12 months.
Telstra has reduced the time of its order-to-activation process for its Telstra IP telephony service by 70 per cent after implementing business process management (BPM) software by Pegasystems, a Telstra official told the Gartner BPM Summit yesterday in Sydney.
With disparate branches spread across Western Australia and long travel times, not-for-profit organisation Relationships Australia WA has plans to roll out Cisco IP phones and TelePresence video conferencing.
Anittel Group (ASX:AYG) has reported a net loss of $5.9 million for its half year ending December 31, 2012 following a 31.5 per cent dive in hardware and software product sales over the period.
Bethsalem Care suffered years of poor WiFi and IP telecommunications before learning that faulty configuration was to blame.
In addition to the well-known Asterisk, there is a vibrant community of open source software PBX systems that can be used for internal and service provider IP telephony. Here are five exciting open source VoIP and UC projects to keep an eye on.
Whitepapers about ip telephony
In 2012, Aberdeen surveyed 485 users of IP Telephony and legacy TMD telephony. The study assessed aspects of TCO, planned vs unplanned downtime, and which products they used. 74% of respondents were categorised in the SME sector; this report focuses on this group’s TCO experience.
- Aus government begins review of cyber security strategy
- Communications coalition urges national focus on broadband adoption
- Melbourne IT eyes social media market with Tiger Pistol
- Building a non-distributed big data computing solution on Amazon Web Services
- Pressure mounts in Europe for strict net neutrality