Internet of Things - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Huawei launches its own OS for the Internet of Things
- Want smart-home devices to get along? Get the industry to do it first
- The path to enterprise IoT may not be as steep as you think
Internet of Things in pictures
The tech challenges that accompany IoT projects shouldn't deter companies from attempting to find meaning in data gathered from connected devices. The solutions may be closer than they think.
Buying one slick connected device after another until you have a smart home sounds cool, but things may not work out that smoothly.
China's Huawei Technologies is targeting smart homes, cars, wearables and more with its own operating system, Liteos, intended for the international market.
The stars of smartphones want to become legends in the Internet of Things, a world that could become much bigger than cellular but will require more than handset experience for a winning run.
Hoping to get more developers on its side, Freescale Semiconductor has introduced a new version of its framework for creating IoT apps.
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Google recently announced a new networking protocol called Thread that aims to create a standard for communication between connected household devices.
Gibbs ponders how a Starbucks coffee cup could become the greatest business edge
Embedded in the heel of his shoe was an early example of the Internet of Things -- but Andrew Duncan didn't know it at the time.
Whitepapers about Internet of Things
This quarterly report from the IBM X-Force research and development team provides a closer look at today’s security risks – from new threats arising from within the Internet of Things, to the sources of malware and botnet infections.
- Raiders change strip to support cancer research
- Chromebook sales up 27 per cent to 7.3 million units: Gartner
- Federal Government foreshadows changes to spectrum pricing and allocation
- Seventy per cent of Australian small businesses predict growth in year ahead
- OWASP releases new security standards for app developers
- Woolworths customer leader, Jess Gill, departs, following CMO out the door
- The old billboard gets the flick as digital OOH advertising takes over
- Ad tech vendors offer new capabilities for customer targeting
- Markets to Metrics: The changing role of the CMO
- How Tesco's loyalty card transformed customer data tracking