- Hillary Clinton: 'Our technology companies are not part of our government'
- Router malware: Fact or fiction?
- Los Alamos National Lab's R&D fueling new quantum-crypto firm
- Drupal offers bounty for breaking its new two-factor authentication
- Java, Flash and Reader still PC admins' biggest security headaches
Internet of Things (IoT) - News, Features, and Slideshows
Internet of Things (IoT) in pictures
The rise of the Internet of Things could allow telcos to provide a “quint-play” of services, according to an Ovum report.
Nineteen per cent of Australian consumers are connecting their smartphones and tablets to other devices in their homes and 16 per cent have in-car connectivity, according to research firm TNS.
Melbourne-headquartered Internet of Things startup LIFX has raised $12 million in Series A funding, partnering with Silicon Valley VC firm Sequoia.
Five Australian startups pitched ideas for the Internet of Things at a Vivid Sydney event.
Apple’s announcement of a home automation ecosystem has been welcomed by some Australian startups specialising in the Internet of Things (IoT).
You've heard the term and probably read stories about smart homes where the toaster talks to the smoke detector. But what makes it all connect? When will it become mainstream, and will it work? These frequently asked questions help explain it all.
- EXCLUSIVE: Tonnex International falls into liquidation after lengthy court battle
- SAP backs innovation centre launch with $60m investment in Victoria (+15 photos)
- Inabox Group revenue reaches $46.9m but profit slips again
- EXPERIENCE IBM CLOUD 2014: Cloud an enabler, analytics a gold mine (+10 photos)
- UXC posts 31 per cent profit drop due to redundancies, acquisitions
- HubSpot's US$100m IPO listing welcomed, but profitability questions raised
- Quantium helps Woolies get personal with customers, CEO says
- Nissan Motorsport revs up sponsorships with CRM
- Twitter Analytics will leave you wishing for more
- How PaaS is helping Volkswagen to deliver customer leads on mobile