Internet of Things (IoT) - News, Features, and Slideshows
Internet of Things (IoT) in pictures
The concept of digital is something we see everywhere. It’s a loose term we use to describe the integration and infiltration of everything online.
The rise of the Internet of Things could allow telcos to provide a “quint-play” of services, according to an Ovum report.
Nineteen per cent of Australian consumers are connecting their smartphones and tablets to other devices in their homes and 16 per cent have in-car connectivity, according to research firm TNS.
Melbourne-headquartered Internet of Things startup LIFX has raised $12 million in Series A funding, partnering with Silicon Valley VC firm Sequoia.
Five Australian startups pitched ideas for the Internet of Things at a Vivid Sydney event.
You've heard the term and probably read stories about smart homes where the toaster talks to the smoke detector. But what makes it all connect? When will it become mainstream, and will it work? These frequently asked questions help explain it all.
Whitepapers about Internet of Things (IoT)
The Internet of Things (IoT) is predicted to generate massive amounts of data. This whitepaper looks at how you need to prepare your data operations centre for the onslaught. • By 2020 IoT will connect 26 billion units which will mean data centre workloads increase • IoT promises to enable real –time data streams to speed up operations • Organisations must consider whether their data infrastructure is ‘up to the task’
- Raiders change strip to support cancer research
- Chromebook sales up 27 per cent to 7.3 million units: Gartner
- Federal Government foreshadows changes to spectrum pricing and allocation
- Seventy per cent of Australian small businesses predict growth in year ahead
- OWASP releases new security standards for app developers
- Woolworths customer leader, Jess Gill, departs, following CMO out the door
- The old billboard gets the flick as digital OOH advertising takes over
- Ad tech vendors offer new capabilities for customer targeting
- Markets to Metrics: The changing role of the CMO
- How Tesco's loyalty card transformed customer data tracking