Microsoft filed another suit against the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, seeking information about the tax agency's decision to hire outside lawyers, including one-time Microsoft nemesis David Boies, to help conduct an audit of the company.
Internal Revenue Service - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Internal Revenue Service, which disclosed this week the breach of 100,000 taxpayer accounts, has been steadily reducing the size of its internal cybersecurity staff as it increases its security spending. This may seem paradoxical, but one observer suggested it could signal a shift to outsourcing.
The battle over the H-1B visa is mostly a battle of brute political muscle on Capitol Hill, coupled with campaign spending. But in the quieter academic sphere, the visa is a topic of ongoing research, and a new paper by three economists is challenging some of the <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/article/2899350/the-h-1b-visa-debate-pain-and-the-politics.html">assertions made by the tech industry</a> that H-1B workers deliver economic gains.
Successive budget cuts by Congress are forcing the Internal Revenue Service to delay system modernization and improve its ability to prevent fraud.
The US Department of Justice said 10 people were indicted today for their roles in a $20 million stolen identity refund fraud conspiracy.
- REGISTER NOW! The TCS Global Insights Knowledge Sharing Program is up and running. Feb-May. Sydney.
- INSIGHTS: The State of Cloud Storage & Collaboration 2016 - Take this 5 min survey and you could WIN a $500 Visa gift card : START SURVEY NOW
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- CSO Live Webcast: Hear from KuppingerCole Analysts and ForgeRock on User-Managed Access. Register now