- Farmers shut out of online services by new identity scheme
- Facebook says you can be social and secure, acquires .onion address for Tor users
- Swedish hacker finds 'serious' vulnerability in OS X Yosemite
- Court rules cops can demand fingerprints, not passcodes, to unlock smartphones
- Twitter's MoPub ad exchange grabs Verizon tracking cookies, and more may follow
indiegogo - News, Features, and Slideshows
A software development project launched Monday aims to create free tools that simplify the encryption of online forms of communication like email, instant messaging, SMS and more by solving the complexity associated with the exchange and management of encryption keys.
Kickstarter is trying to make it easier to get a project started on its crowdfunding site, offering an instant launch option that does away with the need for human approval.
A crowdsourcing project to raise money for solar panels that snap together to form roadways has blown by its $1 million goal.
Solar Roadways uses hexagon-shaped panels that collect energy from the sun and could be part of a smart system that changes lighting configurations to alert traffic to highway issues.
Crowdfunding website Indiegogo is doubling down on Australia, announcing increased staff in the country and support for contributions to campaigns in Australian dollars.