iiNet - News, Features, and Slideshows
iiNet in pictures
The Federal Court today signed off on TPG's takeover of iiNet.
Australia's competition regulator will not oppose TPG's acquisition of iiNet.
The final Federal Court ruling in the court clash between the rights holders of the movie Dallas Buyers Club and a group of ISPs led by iiNet will be handed down on August 14.
In July, customers of ISP iiNet enjoyed the fastest average speeds in Australia when viewing Netflix content, according to the updated ranking released by the video-streaming goliath.
Only Australian Competition and Consumer Commission approval remains as a barrier to TPG's acquisition of iiNet, after iiNet shareholders today voted in favour of the deal.
iiNet chief technology officer, Greg Bader, recently showed off the user interface for the upcoming FetchTV Internet protocol television (IPTV) device, which the ISP will be offering outside of regular monthly data quotas.
Controversy over the ongoing iiNet vs AFACT case has once again sparked an influx of comments on online articles and forums. As the second week of the case draws to a close, we take a look at the top posts, many from people brave enough to predict a winner.
- Microsoft APC 2015: Women in IT Panel - Quotas, meritocracy and the diversity dividend
- NEC facial recognition helps NT police fight crime
- Tech companies perform strongly in BRW’s best places to work
- SkyKick boots Cloud management into APAC market
- Gemstar's Manning challenges tech companies to prioritise SE Asia
- NT cops use facial recognition to fight crime
- Verizon to introduce SDN security feature later this month
- LTE is making a full-court press for the Internet of Things
- Indian woman allegedly raped by Uber driver withdraws suit
- Mozilla updates its Thimble online code editor to help teach Web programming
- CMO Interview: Unleashed's Anthony Mordech on the software marketing evolution
- Bank of Queensland: Digital transformation of banking is in its infancy
- Myer targets customers through digital and data in $600m transformation agenda
- Economist: Why it's time to re-think marketing in a customer-led economy
- Why brands are using Marketo to leverage digital transformation