- China says US hacking accusations are 'totally groundless'
- Ig Nobels promise scientific silliness – which is kind of the point
- BitTorrent Bleep's serverless, peer-to-peer messaging enters public alpha
- Right-to-be-forgotten 'dashboard' to help EU's data protection authorities
iiNet - News, Features, and Slideshows
iiNet in pictures
Who would pay for a regime that targets customers of Internet service providers accused of breaching copyright is still a point of contention between rights holders and ISPs, judging from a public forum hosted in Sydney last night by Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull.
Internet service provider iiNet has hit out against what it describes as "stand-over tactics" by content industries and approaches to copyright enforcement that involve ISPs "threatening or disconnecting" customers.
Internet service provider iiNet has acquired a 60 per cent stake in Tech2 Group. Tech2Group provides technical support to home and SMB users as well as home entertainment/AV and home automation services.
Australian ISP iiNet has returned to organic growth in its most recent financial year, adding 40,000 new broadband customers in the 12-month period ended 30 June 2014.
A new messaging service by iiNet lets businesses send text messages from the Web, email or any mobile device.
iiNet chief technology officer, Greg Bader, recently showed off the user interface for the upcoming FetchTV Internet protocol television (IPTV) device, which the ISP will be offering outside of regular monthly data quotas.
Controversy over the ongoing iiNet vs AFACT case has once again sparked an influx of comments on online articles and forums. As the second week of the case draws to a close, we take a look at the top posts, many from people brave enough to predict a winner.
- CoinJar’s bitcoin EFTPOS card to hit the market next week
- Queensland Government appoints Interactive Intelligence to ICT Service Panel
- More than 200 Aussie Apple fanatics hire minions to stand in line for iPhone 6
- Former Microsoft exec named CEO of Australian bar tab start-up
- Qlik launches self service Business Intelligence tool for enterprise
- AMI gets members' choice board of directors
- Coca-Cola strategy VP: Creativity at the heart of real-time digital interaction
- Former ninemsn exec appointed CEO at bar tab app startup, Clipp
- Aussie consulting group plans to help brands solve customer experience woes
- Deloitte CMO: The differentiation point for businesses is creativity