- Mystery 'Onion/Critroni' ransom Trojan evolves to use more sophisticated encryption
- Criminals ride Google coattails in DDoS attacks
- Russian government offers money for identifying Tor users
- EU, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo meet on 'right to be forgotten' but questions remain
- How to prevent a website compromise like StubHub
iiNet - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Government pushes website blocks to fight piracy
- Data retention: iiNet raises spectre of ‘surveillance tax’ for ISP customers
- In brief: Govt adds more suppliers to data centre panel
iiNet in pictures
A leaked government discussion paper reveals a "very radical proposal for copyright law reform in Australia" according to intellectual property expert Dr Matthew Rimmer.
The federal government has added three more suppliers to its Data Centre Facilities Supplies Panel.
Internet service provider iiNet has hit out at confirmation that the government is actively considering a mandatory data retention scheme under which ISPs and telcos may be forced to keep records on their customers’ online activities.
The first report out of the NBN Panel of Experts, appointed by the government to conduct a cost-benefit analysis of the National Broadband Network, has rejected calls by telcos to further strengthen the rules that restrict NBN Co to wholesale-only operations.
iiNet has confirmed David Buckingham as its new CEO. Buckingham had been the acting in the position since November last year and was appointed by the ISP’s board of directors after an extensive worldwide search.
iiNet chief technology officer, Greg Bader, recently showed off the user interface for the upcoming FetchTV Internet protocol television (IPTV) device, which the ISP will be offering outside of regular monthly data quotas.
Controversy over the ongoing iiNet vs AFACT case has once again sparked an influx of comments on online articles and forums. As the second week of the case draws to a close, we take a look at the top posts, many from people brave enough to predict a winner.
- Intel appoints new director of Cloud policy and government affairs
- EXCLUSIVE: Dave Rosenberg appointed new Westcon A/NZ managing director
- Citrix and Fujitsu eye A/NZ mobility market together
- Achieva promises it won’t step on resellers’ heels in becoming a value-added distributor
- Express Data's Siobhan Delaney Miller joins Westcon
- Metrics a must for making the most of content marketing, says Forrester
- Ticketek: Modern marketing strategy is about treating people as people
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads