IHS iSuppli - News, Features, and Slideshows
U.S. iPhone and iPad sales skewed more toward devices with less storage space in the March quarter compared to the final three-month period of 2013.
With new DDR4 memory, computers will be faster next year but users will likely pay a premium on the price of the technology.
Apple could have built a much less expensive iPhone, a move most analysts expected before Sept. 10, but that would have risked destroying intangible advantages the company has accumulated over decades, an expert in component costs said Wednesday.
Shipments of solid-state drives (SSDs) rocketed in this year's first quarter and the technology is now becoming the storage of choice in thin and light laptops.
With Apple's announcement that it'll bypass a SATA SSD in its Mac Pro and MacBook Air and go straight for the stratosphere of flash with a PCIe card, some pundits are speculating other laptops and desktop vendors may not be far behind.
Google, according to industry analysts, is positioning itself to take on Amazon's dominance as a cloud provider. While it's lagging today, Google could catch Amazon and some day supplant its top position in the cloud.
- Why Facebook Messenger will fail as a 'platform'
- FCC will vote next month on plan to share valuable 3.5GHz spectrum
- Intel could strengthen its server product stack with Altera
- Kleiner Perkins cleared of sex discrimination against Ellen Pao
- Facebook reveals the logic behind its forced Messenger split