That software-defined networking (SDN) is a coming reality is starting to gain traction in IT security circles, with some vendors arguing it could lead to a level of interoperability in security largely missing at present.
IETF - News, Features, and Slideshows
Security and how to protect users from pervasive monitoring will dominate the proceedings when members of Internet Engineering Task Force meet in London starting Sunday.
The Internet Engineering Task Force is close to approving a specification for a common format for reporting e-crime, a step taken to allow security experts to react faster to cybercrime.
The Internet Engineering Task Force has set up a wiki to document which of its standards were successful and why.
The Internet engineering community is grappling with what to do about a serious flaw in the DNS discovered mid-year, and the ongoing debate brings to mind a famous quotation from Voltaire: "The perfect is the enemy of the good."
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Perhaps the single-most significant standards based technological advancement in the field of unified communications over the past year has been the completion of Web Real Time Communication (WebRTC) standard and the appearance of several WebRTC based implementations.
We've been hearing about the impending depletion of IPv4 addresses for years, but that day is finally upon us -- the free supply of IPv4 numbers in North America will be completely gone within a month or two.
<em>This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.</em>
The challenge for data center operators selecting a high performance transport technology for their network is striking the ideal balance between acquisition, deployment and management costs, and support for high performance capabilities such as the remote direct memory access (RDMA) protocol.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- Jetstar talks 'How To' on collaboration tools and PwC plan & refine your collaboration journey | Save your seat today
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.