The FBI this week said it had nabbed one of the agency's <a href="http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/cyber">Cyber's Most Wanted</a> outlaws -- John Gordon Baden who is charged with stealing the identities of 40,000 people and then using the information to siphon millions of dollars from brokerage or bank accounts.
identity theft - News, Features, and Slideshows
The economic impact of identity crime on Australia is costing the country up to $1.6 billion each year, according to a new report by the Attorney-General’s Department.
A new support centre called iDcare has been opened in Sippy Downs, Queensland for victims of identity theft around Australia.
Proposed amendments to the Northern Territory’s Criminal Code would make it an offence to collect and store identification details about another person for the purposes of identity theft. Under current legislation, a person who obtains someone else’s ID details can’t be prosecuted until they commit a crime.
To coincide with Privacy Awareness Week, Acting Victorian Privacy Commissioner David Watts has launched an online identity theft test.
Salesmen and parents know the technique well. It's called the takeaway, and as far as Keith Mularski is concerned, it's the reason he kept his job as administrator of online fraud site DarkMarket.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.