The FBI this week said it had nabbed one of the agency's <a href="http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/cyber">Cyber's Most Wanted</a> outlaws -- John Gordon Baden who is charged with stealing the identities of 40,000 people and then using the information to siphon millions of dollars from brokerage or bank accounts.
identity theft - News, Features, and Slideshows
The economic impact of identity crime on Australia is costing the country up to $1.6 billion each year, according to a new report by the Attorney-General’s Department.
A new support centre called iDcare has been opened in Sippy Downs, Queensland for victims of identity theft around Australia.
Proposed amendments to the Northern Territory’s Criminal Code would make it an offence to collect and store identification details about another person for the purposes of identity theft. Under current legislation, a person who obtains someone else’s ID details can’t be prosecuted until they commit a crime.
To coincide with Privacy Awareness Week, Acting Victorian Privacy Commissioner David Watts has launched an online identity theft test.
Salesmen and parents know the technique well. It's called the takeaway, and as far as Keith Mularski is concerned, it's the reason he kept his job as administrator of online fraud site DarkMarket.
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Check your Future Risk
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE