The first phase of the government’s new Face Verification Service (FVS) is now live, justice minister Michael Keenan has announced.
identity theft - News, Features, and Slideshows
The FBI this week said it had nabbed one of the agency's <a href="http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/cyber">Cyber's Most Wanted</a> outlaws -- John Gordon Baden who is charged with stealing the identities of 40,000 people and then using the information to siphon millions of dollars from brokerage or bank accounts.
The economic impact of identity crime on Australia is costing the country up to $1.6 billion each year, according to a new report by the Attorney-General’s Department.
A new support centre called iDcare has been opened in Sippy Downs, Queensland for victims of identity theft around Australia.
Proposed amendments to the Northern Territory’s Criminal Code would make it an offence to collect and store identification details about another person for the purposes of identity theft. Under current legislation, a person who obtains someone else’s ID details can’t be prosecuted until they commit a crime.
Salesmen and parents know the technique well. It's called the takeaway, and as far as Keith Mularski is concerned, it's the reason he kept his job as administrator of online fraud site DarkMarket.
- Discover security insights, key findings, and the latest cybersecurity threats taken from threat intelligence. Access the full report now
- Top insights from the Cisco Annual Cyber Security Report 2017. Watch Video
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow