- Former Hacking Team developer reportedly in contact with a terrorist group
- Black Hat 2015: Cracking just about anything
- Ad group urges FTC to reject right to be forgotten in US
- Banks balance security and workflow when encrypting in the cloud
- Neiman Marcus case a reminder to check your cyber coverage
IDC - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Newcomer Cyanogen looks to disrupt Android and iOS
- Microsoft scores with free Windows 10 upgrade as downloads tally 10x Windows 8's first-day sales
IDC in pictures
Microsoft customers downloaded 14 million copies of the Windows 10 upgrade on the first day of availability, the company said today.
Windows 10 may be a radical change from its predecessors, maybe even the last version of the OS, but for enterprises planning to migrate to the new operating system, it will be the same old, same old, analysts said today.
Several versions of the Android OS for smartphones have appeared on the global stage in recent years. One version, Cyanogen OS, has gathered publicity as well as prominent investors --including Twitter, Qualcomm and Foxconn -- that could give it some staying power.
Sales of mobile management software will grow at a slower pace over the next few years but will still top $2.9 billion in 2019, according to IDC's latest forecast.
Apple sold approximately 4.8 million Macs in the June quarter, according to the average of 30 analysts' forecasts published by Fortune.
When it comes to videoconferencing, Daniel Post Senning would like to remind you the game is yours to win -- or lose. "Your ability to handle and manage [videoconferencing] tools says something about your professional brand and who you are," says Senning, author of Emily Post's Manners in a Digital World, Living Well Online and spokesperson with The Emily Post Institute. And that includes not just your technical savvy, but your social skills as well, Senning says.
During the past week VMware has been making power play moves in the Cloud computing market to position its offering as the premier enterprise hybrid Cloud computing platform. As it does so, however, analysts question how well the grand plan VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger has put together stacks up with heavyweights of the cloud computing market, most specifically Microsoft and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
China is on a technological roll these days -- one that American companies ignore at their own peril. Contrary to outdated Western perceptions, 680 million Chinese have access to either a laptop or a mobile phone, and some 95% of homes in every city in China are now wired for the Internet, according to figures from the Chinese government.
After Apple and Samsung, which companies are selling the most smartphones around the globe?
Microsoft faces not only its 40th anniversary in 2015, but a host of challenges that will define it for years to come, analysts said today.
Whitepapers about IDC
This IDC Buyer Case Study examines the Sam M. Walton College of Business' virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) deployment on the Tintri storage platform. IDC recently spoke with William Allred, Ph.D., associate director, Technology Center, and Scott Zemke, network administrator at Walton College of Business about their experience in deploying a 400-seat VDI infrastructure on the campus for use by undergraduate and graduate students at the College.
- Westpac, NAB, RedBalloon debate ingredients of digital transformation
- News Corp partners with Quantium and MCN to launch new digital advertising products
- AppNexus president: Programmatic ad exchanges collaborations are the future
- Carnival Australia CEO: How we are leading with customer data
- How Australia Post’s IT and marketing chiefs lead digital change - together