- Farmers shut out of online services by new identity scheme
- Facebook says you can be social and secure, acquires .onion address for Tor users
- Swedish hacker finds 'serious' vulnerability in OS X Yosemite
- Court rules cops can demand fingerprints, not passcodes, to unlock smartphones
- Twitter's MoPub ad exchange grabs Verizon tracking cookies, and more may follow
IDC Australia - News, Features, and Slideshows
A new security role called the digital risk officer (DRO) is emerging in response to new cyber threats introduced by the Internet of Things (IoT), according to Gartner United States distinguished analyst Paul Proctor.
Former IDC Australia director of research Matthew Oostveen has joined converged infrastructure firm VCE as its Asia Pacific Japan (APJ) CTO.
Organisations that haven’t migrated off the Windows XP operating system have until 8 April 2014 before support and patching ends.
Choose your own device (CYOD) adoption is set to grow in Australia next year because of security concerns about uncontrolled bring your own device (BYOD) in the workplace, according to 2014 telecommunications predictions from IDC Australia.
Australian organisations are forecast to spend $1.77 billion on data centre technology in 2013 as companies look to upgrade old facilities or invest in new data centres, according to Gartner research.