- NATO security certification opens new markets for Australia's Senetas
- Senator wants Whisper to explain how it tracks users, shares their data
- The 'Backoff' malware linked to data breaches is spreading
- Cyberespionage group launches sophisticated phishing attacks against Outlook Web App users
- Disaster as CryptoWall encrypts US firm's entire server installation
ICT careers - News, Features, and Slideshows
ICT careers in pictures
Are we heading towards a world where humans will have to compete with machines? Futurist Ross Dawson addressed this concern at the Australian Computer Society's YITCon event in Melbourne this week, and spoke about how to stay ahead of the game when it comes to jobs in the future.
Winners of the fifth annual Young ICT Explorers (YICTE) competition were announced this week. Year 3 to 12 students gathered in NSW, the ACT, Queensland and Victoria to demonstrate ICT projects ranging from a robot designed to help the blind to a solar powered wireless weather station.
Kaylene O'Brien, deputy chair of networking forum Vic ICT for Women, is one of many Australian ICT workers who have experienced gender discrimination.
Educational institutions may still have a long way to go in changing perceptions about ICT careers among high school students, according to new research from the University of Canberra - Education Institute.
With the federal election coming in September, the Australian Computer Society (ACS) is continuing to push for national curriculum reform, saying that there needs to be more support for teachers in ICT and efforts to promote tertiary study of technology among high school students.
It’s never easy trying to get ahead in your career. So to give you a better understanding of some of the factors to consider we’ve pulled together a range of advice including moving up to the c-level, ensuring you keep your own work about the users, and what c-level think about those below.
- 5 great examples of augmented reality in marketing
- Catch of the Day retailer hooks fresh customer insight with NPS
- Tourism Australia's Nick Baker wins AMI Marketer of the Year
- Content marketing can't be measured on the last-click: Outbrain CEO
- Latest crowdsourced guide rates top A/B testing vendors for marketers