- Apple removes apps from store that could spy on your data traffic
- Android phones patched once a year, 87 percent exposed. Which brand is the most secure?
- SaaS discovery tools target growing shadow-IT problem
- Many vulnerabilities in older Huawei 3G routers won't get patched
- SHA-1 hashing algorithm could succumb to $75K attack, researchers say
ICT careers - News, Features, and Slideshows
ICT careers in pictures
Are we heading towards a world where humans will have to compete with machines? Futurist Ross Dawson addressed this concern at the Australian Computer Society's YITCon event in Melbourne this week, and spoke about how to stay ahead of the game when it comes to jobs in the future.
Winners of the fifth annual Young ICT Explorers (YICTE) competition were announced this week. Year 3 to 12 students gathered in NSW, the ACT, Queensland and Victoria to demonstrate ICT projects ranging from a robot designed to help the blind to a solar powered wireless weather station.
Kaylene O'Brien, deputy chair of networking forum Vic ICT for Women, is one of many Australian ICT workers who have experienced gender discrimination.
Educational institutions may still have a long way to go in changing perceptions about ICT careers among high school students, according to new research from the University of Canberra - Education Institute.
With the federal election coming in September, the Australian Computer Society (ACS) is continuing to push for national curriculum reform, saying that there needs to be more support for teachers in ICT and efforts to promote tertiary study of technology among high school students.
It’s never easy trying to get ahead in your career. So to give you a better understanding of some of the factors to consider we’ve pulled together a range of advice including moving up to the c-level, ensuring you keep your own work about the users, and what c-level think about those below.
- The role of chief digital officer: Destined to become redundant?
- ADMA bases new code of conduct on self-regulation and customer centricity
- Listen and act on customer data, not competitor intelligence, says Pandora MD
- ANZ CTO: Digital disruption is fundamental change accelerated
- Facebook 'Reactions' test adds six emojis to the Like button