- Middle-Eastern 'Volatile Cedar' cyberattack breached western defence firms
- Google cracks down on ad-injecting Chrome extensions
- Prevention is better than cure, but what if it's not enough?
- Users smallest source of concern despite causing most security breaches: CompTIA
- Security Watch: SecurEnvoy partners with Connector Systems in new distro deal
hybrid cloud - News, Features, and Slideshows
hybrid cloud in pictures
NEXTDC (ASX: NXT) customers will be able to connect to Microsoft's Azure cloud from NEXTDC data centres in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra and Perth during the second quarter of 2015.
VMware locally announced the launch of a series of product updates, including for vSphere and its VSAN storage platform.
More enterprises are turning to hybrid cloud environments and shifting IT workloads out of the office into the data centre, generating more demand for data centre services, according to Equinix Australia managing director Jeremy Deutsch.
About two thirds of Australian and New Zealand companies are interested in using public and private cloud services to aid cost effective business growth, according to the results of an IDG Connect/ EMC survey.
Service Level Agreements (SLA) serve as a roadmap and a warranty for cloud services offerings. All cloud providers offer standard, one-size-fits-all SLAs that cover availably, performance, security, disaster recovery, response times, compliance and termination. This may be adequate for pure cloud applications, however standard SLAs fall short when it comes to hybrid cloud deployments.
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Gartner's annual Magic Quadrant is a sort of who's who of the cloud computing market. And while VMware made the company's most recent list, it didn't receive the highest of marks.
Whitepapers about hybrid cloud
This report looks at the state of hybrid cloud based on a 600-organisation survey across the APAC region, focusing on their current usage and attitudes towards on and off premise, private and hybrid cloud service provision. Find out the top rated perceived benefits for adoption, the major barriers that are holding organisations back and what the future holds for investment in this technology.
- 5 for 15: Sumal Karunanayake, ForgeRock senior vice-president Asia-Pacific and Japan
- 5 for 15: Todd Parsons, Avaya Australia and New Zealand channel director
- Aussie appetite for fast broadband proves to be insatiable
- Dicker Data partners NEXTDC to provide "affordable" Cloud solutions
- There should be a ‘when, not if’ approach to security issues in the channel: LogRhythm
- Review: Office 2016 for Mac offers a new interface and better features
- All the news that's fit to squish -- on a smartwatch
- First look: Microsoft's Azure App Services sweeten cloud development
- Microsoft Outlook Calendar Corruption, Lost Meetings, Duplicate Appointments - April/2015 Update
- Target: Emotional social vital to customer experience management
- CMO Interview: What it takes to be a smart marketing chief
- How NPS has helped NIB keep customers
- Report reveals obstacle to better customer service is organisational, not technical
- Stackla and Hootsuite partner to launch new social media integration