The options are increasing for people who want an LTE smartphone, but don't want to spend a fortune or sign an expensive contract. Two new alternatives that won't drain wallets are Nokia's Lumia 635 and the Huawei-made Kestrel.
The £99 (US$160) price for U.K. carrier EE's smartphone Kestrel without a contract gives a glimpse of a future with low-cost LTE devices, and is also an aggressive move by Qualcomm as competition in the chipset sector increases.
The European Union will not take action against Chinese mobile telecommunications product manufacturers it announced Thursday.
China's Ministry of National Defense blasted the U.S. over recent allegations that it has been spying on Huawei Technologies, and said it plans to shore up the nation's Internet security in response.
A demonstration this week by networking vendor Huawei Technologies and chip maker Xilinx signaled the optical industry's eagerness for 400-Gigabit Ethernet, a standard that is still at least two years away.
Leading tech vendors again urged European officials to protect them from patent trolls while creating a new pan-European patent system.
The two most talked about smartphones ahead of this year's Mobile World Congress sit at opposites sides of the spectrum; the low-end Android-based Nokia X and Samsung Electronics' new flagship model, the Galaxy S5.
China's Huawei Technologies is planning on launching its Android gaming console in its home market during this year's second quarter, just after local authorities lifted a ban on video game sales in the country.
China's Huawei Technologies has updated its 6.1-inch "phablet," the Ascend Mate, with a new version that boasts an average two-day battery life, and can even charge up other devices.
A special hacking unit of the U.S. National Security Agency intercepts deliveries of new computer equipment en route to plant spyware, according to a report on Sunday from Der Spiegel, a German publication.
Huawei Technologies and Polish operator Exatel have tested a next-generation optical network based on WDM (Wavelength Division Multiplexing) technology and capable of 400Gbps throughput.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has ruled against InterDigital in a complaint that alleged Huawei, Nokia, ZTE had infringed the company's patents.
Huawei Technologies remains the world's biggest vendor of cellular networks despite being effectively locked out of the huge U.S. LTE market.
Chinese networking giant, Huawei, is trying to make itself more transparent in an effort to convince the world that it's not spying on global communications for the Chinese government.
One year after U.S. politicians labeled it an espionage threat, China's Huawei Technologies continues to face security concerns -- but this time, those might not be a factor as the company sells to a market rattled by the Edward Snowden leaks of U.S. classified surveillance programs.
Security and convenience should not be a zero-sum game. Security must not block progress to transform businesses. Likewise, mobile collaboration presents a tremendous opportunity for businesses. Read this paper to understand the five primary threats and how to both address risks and gain process efficiencies through secure mobility.
Why do we continue to pay the earth for global roaming? With Telstra increasing global roaming charges by 100-500% in over 180 countries, bill shock can only get worse. This paper investigates why, what and how your company can address the need for global coverage.
- Broadband Solutions offers unified solution for hotel phone and web access
- Liberal NBN plan unable to deliver tele-health: Jason Clare
- TPG fined $400,000 for blocking triple O call
- Public Cloud benefits can no longer be ignored: Bulletproof
- Central Coast NBN Fibre-to-the-Node trial delivers 105 Mbps
- Google revenue jumps 19 percent but still disappoints
- AT&T wearables to hit the smartwatch runway soon
- Fortinet, McAfee, Trend Micro, Bitdefender battle in socially-engineered malware prevention test
- Automakers show off in-vehicle Wi-Fi, new smartphone interfaces
- Court rejects Lavabit appeal, cites improper procedural handling
- Crowdsource guide ranks marketing automation platforms by user recommendations and company size
- Data and analytics top spending list for marketers in Australasia
- Dell, Expedia share how they're striving to improve customer engagement
- Microsoft launches toolset for capturing 'ambient intelligence'
- Twitter brings the data back home by acquiring Gnip