- Faster Internet access means more cyberattacks for Africa
- Gurucul identifies cloud threats based on identity, behaviors
- Google, WordPress, LastPass, Salesforce - new USB token secures them all
- Attacks against industrial control systems double
- Pawn Storm cyberespionage group increases activity, targets NATO
htc - News, Features, and Slideshows
htc in pictures
Samsung and HTC separately launched sales on Friday of three new smartphones that have garnered positive reviews and, by various accounts, some solid initial customer interest.
U.S. wireless carriers today announced off-contract prices ranging from $650 to $685 for the new 32 GB Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone and $100 to $129 more in premium pricing for its stylish cousin, the Edge, with both coming to buyers on April 10.
HTC's flagship One M9 smartphone will be available in the U.S. from Friday, with an unlocked version selling for US$649.
The One M9 may be a knockout, but it's not likely to save HTC. The device looks similar to its predecessor at a time when competitors have multiplied and stepped up their game, making it even harder for the struggling company to make a mark in the high-end segment.
HTC founder Cher Wang is taking over as company CEO, as the Taiwanese Android smartphone maker fights to revive its struggling business.
As a long-time Windows Mobile user who finally gave up on it and switched to an Android phone, I've been thrilled with the new operating system. Now, it looks like others who are fed up with WinMo might be able to switch a little more easily.
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Microsoft's decision to wait until Windows 10 arrives to deliver a high-end Lumia smartphone may have irked some of the company's loyal customers, but it was the smart move, according to analysts.
HTC announced its One M8 smartphone on Tuesday, boasting its premium styling and asserting that it offers the world's best innovations. Those include a dual rear camera for adding depth to photos and a battery with 40% longer life than last year's HTC One M7.
Last week's rollout of the Motorola Moto X was headline-making for several reasons. Beyond the obvious novelty of being the first flagship release from the company since the RAZR HD line last fall, it's also the first since Google completed its acquisition of Motorola Mobility in May.
Physical keyboard addicts now have a smartphone designed for them, but no one else may want to suffer the drawbacks
- NetApp secures $2m supercomputing deal with NCI
- Mandatory Disclosure Laws needed to counter lax security attitudes: Symantec
- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise gears for growth following China Huaxin takeover
- Vocus buys $15 million stake in Macquarie Telecom
- EXCLUSIVE: FireEye poaches Symantec’s Sean Kopelke