- Google Play apps with millions of installs share stock Android browser flaw
- Microsoft takes the ‘ass’ out of Glasshole with a people-blocker
- Mastercard trials voice and face recognition mobile payment technology
- New organization sets out to make secure communication tools more user-friendly
- Ping Identity picks up $35 million more in venture funding
hostworks - News, Features, and Slideshows
Ninemsn owner Mi9 has plans to shift more of its news sites into the cloud as consumer demand for digital content grows.
When Bon Jovi’s Australian concert tickets go on sale from 20 May on the Ticketek website, an elastic compute platform will allow the e-commerce site to handle expected high demand from fans clamouring to see the hair metal rockers.
When listeners tune into the ABC’s Triple J Hottest 100 countdown online on Australia Day, managed service provider Hostworks will be ensuring that fans won’t encounter streaming delays or dropouts.
Moving to the cloud has allowed broadcaster SBS to successfully cover this year’s World Cup with no outages of its online coverage and four million successful video downloads during the global soccer event.