- How CSOs Can Help CIOs Talk Security to the Board
- NotCompable sets new standards for mobile botnet sophistication
- Ransom malware attacks underscore limitations of anti-virus software
- NSA chief says cyberattacks on industrial systems are his top concern
- Governments act against webcam-snooping websites
hfc - News, Features, and Slideshows
National Broadband Network negotiations with Telstra are on the “home stretch” and could be submitted for government approval by the end of the year, NBN Co CEO Bill Morrow has said.
Cisco has endorsed using hybrid-fibre cable (HFC) as a more expedient way to connect 3 million homes to Australia’s National Broadband Network.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is seeking comment on Telstra’s plans to migrate customers from its HFC and copper networks to the National Broadband Network (NBN).
iiNet has launched high-speed broadband services capable of achieving 100/8Mbps on its own hybrid-fibre coaxial (HFC) network.
Optus has completed a substantial upgrade of its HFC cable network in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney that will allow residents in supported areas access to speeds up ranging up to around 80 megabits per second (Mbps) or more, using the improved DOCSIS 3 standard.
- Grocers, retailers gobble up Apple Pay in time for holidays
- EU net neutrality legislation under threat from Italian proposals, says rights group
- WebRTC close to tipping point as Cisco, Microsoft announce products
- Contain yourself: The layman's guide to Docker
- Molecular flash memory could store massive data