healthcare IT - News, Features, and Slideshows
A new report shows venture capital funding and clinical mobile health applications will push the mobile device market to extraordinary highs by 2023.
Thanks to a computer chip, algorithms and nearly 10 years of research, a 23-year-old quadriplegic moved his fingers and hand with the power of his own thoughts.
If you've ever been sick with a cold or the flu while traveling, Verizon's new videoconferencing technology could help you reach a doctor for a quick consult from a smartphone or tablet.
The American Medical Association today voted to approve a list of guiding principles for ensuring the appropriate coverage of and payment for telemedicine services.
In a second report this week on scientists' use of nanotechnology to battle cancer, researchers at MIT announced a new way to use nanoparticles to give cancerous cells a one-two punch.
CGI Federal, the lead contractor at Healthcare.gov, is a veritable black belt in software development, with the highest possible certification from CMMI. So what does the website's flawed rollout say about how useful CMMI is?
Bio-printing companies and academics are finally having success keeping 3D printed human tissue alive long enough to use it for drug development and testing. It could be used for human implants someday.
Scott Blanchette, senior vice president of IT services at Vanguard Health Systems, stays competitive with outside service providers by emphasizing transparency of pricing and delivering business results.
Jim Turnbull, CIO at University of Utah Health Care, says mobile technology as the next big opportunity for getting patients more involved in managing their healthcare.
Dr. Eric Topol, a cardiologist and professor of genomics took aim at the medical community, calling for the end to paternal medicine and annual checks and the beginning a consumer-centered healthcare, where patients own their own data, including their genomes for drug treatment.
- Good Technology launches enterprise mobility suites
- Telstra fixed line access price consultation begins
- Australian and New Zealand networks drive scientific research
- UPDATED: Planet Tel acquires Via IP to move into wholesale aggregation
- BlackBerry won’t give up on devices, but enterprise remains top priority
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads
- Australia's top digital marketers break away from the industry pack
- Carsales rolls out SAS's Intelligent Advertising technology
- Deloitte defines 5 attributes to cope with next wave of digital disruption