healthcare IT - News, Features, and Slideshows
Could 15 minutes of exercise save you 15% on your life insurance? If you sign up with John Hancock, it could.
Every one of the 32 NFL teams has 60 players that often receive medical care from hospitals or other facilities they've never visited before.
Five years ago, only 20 per cent of physicians used electronic medical records (EMRs). Today, 80 per cent use them.
IBM announced a new business unit, Watson Health, that will offer cloud-based access to its Watson supercomputer for analyzing healthcare data.
As electronic medical records (EMRs) proliferate under federal regulations, kludgey workflow processes and patient data entry quality can be problematic.
CGI Federal, the lead contractor at Healthcare.gov, is a veritable black belt in software development, with the highest possible certification from CMMI. So what does the website's flawed rollout say about how useful CMMI is?
Bio-printing companies and academics are finally having success keeping 3D printed human tissue alive long enough to use it for drug development and testing. It could be used for human implants someday.
Scott Blanchette, senior vice president of IT services at Vanguard Health Systems, stays competitive with outside service providers by emphasizing transparency of pricing and delivering business results.
Jim Turnbull, CIO at University of Utah Health Care, says mobile technology as the next big opportunity for getting patients more involved in managing their healthcare.
Dr. Eric Topol, a cardiologist and professor of genomics took aim at the medical community, calling for the end to paternal medicine and annual checks and the beginning a consumer-centered healthcare, where patients own their own data, including their genomes for drug treatment.
- Exclusive Networks APAC posts bumper growth in first quarter
- Ingram Micro launches professional and training services for Aussie resellers
- Symantec's Holtzhausen to head Veritas channel business across APJ
- Barracuda and Aerohive partner for BYOD security
- Cloud back-up is vital for reseller and MSP profitability: CloudBerry Lab
- Why optimisation is the name of the game at First
- Video, mobile show strong growth in IAB's Q1 online advertising report
- Twitter offers marketers objective-based advertising programs
- Coming to Firefox: Ads based on your browsing history
- Woolworths customer leader, Jess Gill, departs, following CMO out the door