The Greens will push for a Digital Rights Commissioner to be added to the Australian Human Rights Commission, the party said today.
Greens - News, Features, and Slideshows
Private companies with revenue of $200 million or more will need to disclose their tax affairs while international companies with revenues of $1 billion will need to prepare general purpose financial statements following amendments to the federal government’s Tax Laws Amendment (Combating Multinational Avoidance) Bill 2015.
The crossbenchers have provided the "true opposition" to the government's proposed data retention regime, Greens Senator Scott Ludlam told a press conference earlier today.
The Australian Greens proposed several amendments to the data retention bill that they said address privacy and security gaps in the legislation.
The government should delay debate on its proposed mandatory data retention legislation at least until a parliamentary committee has investigated its potential impact on journalism, Greens Senator Scott Ludlam has argued.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Jetstar talks 'How To' on collaboration tools and PwC plan & refine your collaboration journey | Save your seat today
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW