- Farmers shut out of online services by new identity scheme
- Facebook says you can be social and secure, acquires .onion address for Tor users
- Swedish hacker finds 'serious' vulnerability in OS X Yosemite
- Court rules cops can demand fingerprints, not passcodes, to unlock smartphones
- Twitter's MoPub ad exchange grabs Verizon tracking cookies, and more may follow
Green ICT - News, Features, and Slideshows
The role of ICT in driving increased greenhouse gas emissions has been well documented.
SAP has announced it will power all of its data centres around the world with 100 per cent renewable energy starting 2014, following a report on its carbon footprint that showed an increase in emissions.
As Westpac Bank recently proved, data centre cooling is serious business. The bank made headlines after an air conditioning outage at its data facilities pulled down automatic teller machines (ATMs) and EFTPOS facilities for hours.