- Google Play apps with millions of installs share stock Android browser flaw
- Microsoft takes the ‘ass’ out of Glasshole with a people-blocker
- Mastercard trials voice and face recognition mobile payment technology
- New organization sets out to make secure communication tools more user-friendly
- Ping Identity picks up $35 million more in venture funding
grants - News, Features, and Slideshows
The government’s $100 million Mobile Black Spot program will prioritise small communities and major transport routes for new mobile base stations in regional Australia, according to the director of the program.
Screen NSW announced $879,000 in funding for mobile apps, video games and other digital interactive content through the state government’s Interactive Media Fund.
The New South Wales government will spend $6.7 million over four years for Innovate NSW, an initiative meant to drive collaboration among small and medium enterprises, researchers, major corporations and end users.
Australia will invest $20 million over three years in the video game industry through an Interactive Games Fund, the Commonwealth announced today.
Software giant Microsoft has awarded a $100,000 grant to a University of Sydney academic for research into the development of electrical devices for diagnosis and monitoring of strokes and cardiovascular diseases.
Tourism and retail sectors will be the first industries to benefit from a new $6 million NSW Government fund to develop ICT initiatives.