- Mastercard trials voice and face recognition mobile payment technology
- New organization sets out to make secure communication tools more user-friendly
- Ping Identity picks up $35 million more in venture funding
- Apple's iOS 8 fixes enterprise Wi-Fi authentication hijacking issue
- Why CSO pay is too low in San Francisco, New York
Government IT - News, Features, and Slideshows
SpaceX and Boeing Co. may share duties in a program aimed at launching NASA astronauts from American soil by 2017.
The U.S. Commerce Department plans to hire a chief data officer , whose job will be to make more of the department's data publicly available. Whoever takes the job will be part of an exclusive club.
Fully 70% of federal agencies experienced downtime of 30 minutes or more in a recent one-month period.
The state of Wyoming is planning to discontinue most of its data center operations and move its physical equipment to commercial co-location facilities.
If the White House learned one thing from the Healthcare.gov debacle, it was that the website needs clear-thinking people who can see a problem for what it is. Mikey Dickerson may just be that person.
Ever since President Obama signed the Open Data Executive Order, government agencies have been making their vast data stores available to the public. These once-secret data sets are proving a valuable business resource, too.
A report Thursday by the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board calling the NSA's bulk phone records collection program illegal and mostly useless puts the Obama Administration in an awkward spot.
The NSA is spending some $80 million in basic research on quantum computing, money that may ultimately help commercialize quantum computing for the private sector.
CGI Federal, the lead contractor at Healthcare.gov, is a veritable black belt in software development, with the highest possible certification from CMMI. So what does the website's flawed rollout say about how useful CMMI is?
Some localities are shying away from predicting who will commit a crime, even though the technology exists, in favor of when and where.
- Blue Jeans Network launches Command Centre
- Brennan IT takes top honours at Microsoft and HP partner awards
- Hackers hold almost 20,000 Australians to ransom using CryptoWall
- NSW Government telco procurement system saves taxpayer more than $3 million
- Microsoft to deploy new SharePoint solution for Local Government Association of Queensland