- NATO security certification opens new markets for Australia's Senetas
- Senator wants Whisper to explain how it tracks users, shares their data
- The 'Backoff' malware linked to data breaches is spreading
- Cyberespionage group launches sophisticated phishing attacks against Outlook Web App users
- Disaster as CryptoWall encrypts US firm's entire server installation
Government IT - News, Features, and Slideshows
The White House has been touting open data initiatives for years. But in one of the most controversial areas in politics -- immigration -- crucial data is often unavailable, and what's available often includes mistakes, say a diverse set of critics.
SpaceX and Boeing Co. may share duties in a program aimed at launching NASA astronauts from American soil by 2017.
The U.S. Commerce Department plans to hire a chief data officer , whose job will be to make more of the department's data publicly available. Whoever takes the job will be part of an exclusive club.
Fully 70% of federal agencies experienced downtime of 30 minutes or more in a recent one-month period.
The state of Wyoming is planning to discontinue most of its data center operations and move its physical equipment to commercial co-location facilities.
Ever since President Obama signed the Open Data Executive Order, government agencies have been making their vast data stores available to the public. These once-secret data sets are proving a valuable business resource, too.
A report Thursday by the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board calling the NSA's bulk phone records collection program illegal and mostly useless puts the Obama Administration in an awkward spot.
The NSA is spending some $80 million in basic research on quantum computing, money that may ultimately help commercialize quantum computing for the private sector.
CGI Federal, the lead contractor at Healthcare.gov, is a veritable black belt in software development, with the highest possible certification from CMMI. So what does the website's flawed rollout say about how useful CMMI is?
Some localities are shying away from predicting who will commit a crime, even though the technology exists, in favor of when and where.
- 5 great examples of augmented reality in marketing
- Catch of the Day retailer hooks fresh customer insight with NPS
- Tourism Australia's Nick Baker wins AMI Marketer of the Year
- Content marketing can't be measured on the last-click: Outbrain CEO
- Latest crowdsourced guide rates top A/B testing vendors for marketers