geospatial - News, Features, and Slideshows
As organisations seek to leverage the vast amounts of data they collect to better inform their business decisions, the use of location-related data has increasingly spread beyond dedicated geospatial teams and into the broader enterprise, according to Nathan Bennett.
The federal government has launched an online map of Australia that allows users to overlay geospatial datasets made available by agencies.
The New South Wales government has launched a new strategy to encourage the use by the public and private sectors of geospatial datasets created by government agencies.
2012 showed that the “consumerisation of IT” trend is no longer just changing the workplace culture of start-ups and small businesses.
Big Australian telcos and insurance companies see business opportunities in analysing the location information transmitted by customers’ mobile devices, said speakers at yesterday's Big Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Summit.
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- FBI Director entreats tech firms to release encrypted data used in crimes and terror
- World's largest solar plant goes live; will provide power for 1.1M people
- Maxus Worldwide launches new marketing tech consultancy
- Cricket Australia deploys Prime Focus Technologies solution to manage digital content assets
- Why big data is the capital driving the digital age
- 8 ways to avoid fads, gimmicks and shiny martech toys
- What the hell is the difference between ad tech and marketing tech?