As organisations seek to leverage the vast amounts of data they collect to better inform their business decisions, the use of location-related data has increasingly spread beyond dedicated geospatial teams and into the broader enterprise, according to Nathan Bennett.
geospatial - News, Features, and Slideshows
The federal government has launched an online map of Australia that allows users to overlay geospatial datasets made available by agencies.
The New South Wales government has launched a new strategy to encourage the use by the public and private sectors of geospatial datasets created by government agencies.
2012 showed that the “consumerisation of IT” trend is no longer just changing the workplace culture of start-ups and small businesses.
Big Australian telcos and insurance companies see business opportunities in analysing the location information transmitted by customers’ mobile devices, said speakers at yesterday's Big Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Summit.
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs