geospatial - News, Features, and Slideshows
As organisations seek to leverage the vast amounts of data they collect to better inform their business decisions, the use of location-related data has increasingly spread beyond dedicated geospatial teams and into the broader enterprise, according to Nathan Bennett.
The federal government has launched an online map of Australia that allows users to overlay geospatial datasets made available by agencies.
The New South Wales government has launched a new strategy to encourage the use by the public and private sectors of geospatial datasets created by government agencies.
2012 showed that the “consumerisation of IT” trend is no longer just changing the workplace culture of start-ups and small businesses.
Big Australian telcos and insurance companies see business opportunities in analysing the location information transmitted by customers’ mobile devices, said speakers at yesterday's Big Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Summit.
- Raiders change strip to support cancer research
- Chromebook sales up 27 per cent to 7.3 million units: Gartner
- Federal Government foreshadows changes to spectrum pricing and allocation
- Seventy per cent of Australian small businesses predict growth in year ahead
- OWASP releases new security standards for app developers
- Woolworths customer leader, Jess Gill, departs, following CMO out the door
- The old billboard gets the flick as digital OOH advertising takes over
- Ad tech vendors offer new capabilities for customer targeting
- Markets to Metrics: The changing role of the CMO
- How Tesco's loyalty card transformed customer data tracking