geospatial - News, Features, and Slideshows
As organisations seek to leverage the vast amounts of data they collect to better inform their business decisions, the use of location-related data has increasingly spread beyond dedicated geospatial teams and into the broader enterprise, according to Nathan Bennett.
The federal government has launched an online map of Australia that allows users to overlay geospatial datasets made available by agencies.
The New South Wales government has launched a new strategy to encourage the use by the public and private sectors of geospatial datasets created by government agencies.
2012 showed that the “consumerisation of IT” trend is no longer just changing the workplace culture of start-ups and small businesses.
Big Australian telcos and insurance companies see business opportunities in analysing the location information transmitted by customers’ mobile devices, said speakers at yesterday's Big Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Summit.
- Report: Marketing teams must be restructured
- How virtual reality stole the show at Sundance Film Festival
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Report: Data-driven marketing the norm as marketers aim for 1-to-1 customer connections
- Updated: Jeanswest sets sights on customer growth with new omni-channel capabilities