- Faster Internet access means more cyberattacks for Africa
- Gurucul identifies cloud threats based on identity, behaviors
- Google, WordPress, LastPass, Salesforce - new USB token secures them all
- Attacks against industrial control systems double
- Pawn Storm cyberespionage group increases activity, targets NATO
geospatial - News, Features, and Slideshows
As organisations seek to leverage the vast amounts of data they collect to better inform their business decisions, the use of location-related data has increasingly spread beyond dedicated geospatial teams and into the broader enterprise, according to Nathan Bennett.
The federal government has launched an online map of Australia that allows users to overlay geospatial datasets made available by agencies.
The New South Wales government has launched a new strategy to encourage the use by the public and private sectors of geospatial datasets created by government agencies.
2012 showed that the “consumerisation of IT” trend is no longer just changing the workplace culture of start-ups and small businesses.
Big Australian telcos and insurance companies see business opportunities in analysing the location information transmitted by customers’ mobile devices, said speakers at yesterday's Big Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Summit.
- NetApp secures $2m supercomputing deal with NCI
- Mandatory Disclosure Laws needed to counter lax security attitudes: Symantec
- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise gears for growth following China Huaxin takeover
- Vocus buys $15 million stake in Macquarie Telecom
- EXCLUSIVE: FireEye poaches Symantec’s Sean Kopelke