- Cisco: notorious hackers using Linux cloak earn $30m a year
- Digital Guardian buys Code Green to gain data-loss prevention tech
- Cisco disrupts $60M ransomware biz
- John McAfee, security software pioneer, talks to CSO about his bid for the White House
- The Kuna smart porch light pulls double duty as a Wi-Fi security camera
general motors - News, Features, and Slideshows
Facebook drone set to fly this year...Windows 10 hit on browser choice...Hacker breaks into GM car using OnStar...and more tech news.
Honda this week became the latest automaker to announce it will offer Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as native features in its 2016 Accord lineup.
Snowflake opens cloud data warehouse... Google puts a data center in a coal plant... Facebook opens Messenger to all... and more tech news.
General Motors will begin offering both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto in most of its 2016 vehicles, allowing customers to mirror their smartphones and their apps to their infotainment systems.
Hyundai today announced it will begin using Android Auto in vehicles this year, making it the first carmaker to enable vehicles to mirror a connected Android smartphone to the car's dashboard infotainment system.
For several decades, enterprise developers had to support one simple platform: computers on desks. Then the smartphone came along and we had to find ways to deliver the data to a smaller, more mobile rectangle. All of these challenges, however, prepare us little for the next big platform to come: the automobile.
Microsoft has implored its technically astute customers to help friends and family who are still running Windows XP get rid of the soon-to-be-retired operating system.
You'd expect a $35,000 car to have technology at least as good as a $200 smartphone, but it often doesn't. Although the auto industry has been slow to keep up with tech trends, that may soon change.
Automobile technology has become so advanced that today's cars are essentially computers with wheels. So why aren't we using them to surf the Web, communicate with other cars or order food at nearby restaurants?
- Ruckus Wireless offers Wi-Fi for SMBs
- MapR poaches Oracle honcho to be new COO and President
- UPDATED: Rackspace inks strategic partnership with AWS
- Software-defined networks present opportunities for resellers: Fortinet
- Large organisations are immature in embracing end-user computing: Dimension Data
- How Citrix is driving customer conversions with a new startup technology
- How Ticketek is using a DMP to not only target audiences, but pivot its business
- Embracing digital transformation in the finance sector
- Machines will learn just like a child, says IBM CEO
- Technology and digital companies dominate top 100 global brands list