- As hacks mount, October's cybersecurity push refocuses urgency for user, executive engagement
- As Stagefright 2.0 emerges, HTC can’t commit to monthly Android patches
- The week in security: Kmart, DJs hacked as report confirms Target ignored security basics
- IP camera makers pressure researcher to cancel security talk
- Kmart Australia calls in police over security breach
funding - News, Features, and Slideshows
The government has formally introduced legislation to reform how employee share schemes (ESS) are taxed in an effort to make it easier for startups to attract and retain talent.
A new co-working space in Sydney hopes to bring together financial tech startups into 1230 square metres of collaborative office space.
StartupAUS will raise money and appoint a CEO to better drive its mission to promote startups and entrepreneurship in Australia.
Amcom in June will open a tech startup accelerator in Perth focused on software, with applications opening later this month.
A tech startup accelerator based in Perth aims to spur innovation in the energy and natural resources (ENR) sector.
Sydney startup Newzulu will continue its global expansion after successfully raising $11.5 million in capital, the crowd-sourced media company announced.
Six startups will join the Jumpstart accelerator program at the National Road & Motorists’ Association, NRMA has announced.
Australian startup Bluedot is expanding into the US after raising $2.5 million in its latest funding round.
Two Australian tech companies have injected money into the local startup scene.
This year's Startup Weekend, held November 22-23, attracted its largest crowd of Sydney entrepreneurs Sydney yet, according to organiser Thai Huynh.
An alliance between KPMG and Artesian Venture Partners aims to connect corporates with Australian startups.
Australian inaction on startup issues “has potential to turn into a national tragedy,” according to the chief executive of Nitro.
The federal government’s replacement for Commercialisation Australia has adopted recommendations from tech startup advocates, according to StartupAus.
An overhaul of the significant investor visa will increase startup access to venture capital in Australia, according to the Australian Industry (Ai) Group.
Australia’s startup scene has welcomed changes by the Abbott government to taxation of employee stock option plans (ESOPs) as a positive first step toward a thriving startup ecosystem.
- Large organisations are immature in embracing end-user computing: Dimension Data
- Vintek expands into Canberra and Singapore
- Vix Technology wins $US30m contract with Dallas transit operator
- SkyFii converts two pilot clients to billing customers
- Aspect Software appoints Luke McNamara as regional sales manager
- EU-US Safe Harbor agreement is invalid, court rules
- Panasonic shows world's first Ultra HD Blu-ray player
- Sharp's Robohon is both a cute robot and a smartphone
- 16Lab shrinks wearable computing ring, will sell dev kit soon
- Global civil rights groups coalition wants changes to Facebook's real-name policy