- Industry can head off IoT privacy rules, former US official says
- Microsoft discloses zero-day flaw, publishes quick fix
- This key drive actually unlocks something: Authentication via USB comes to Chrome
- How the FIDO Alliance's U2F could simplify two-factor authentication
- Google extends two-factor authentication with physical USB keys
funding - News, Features, and Slideshows
funding in pictures
Australia’s startup scene has welcomed changes by the Abbott government to taxation of employee stock option plans (ESOPs) as a positive first step toward a thriving startup ecosystem.
The Australian government will reform how employee share options are taxed to make it easier for startups to attract and retain talent, as part of a $400 million Industry Innovation and Competitiveness Agenda unveiled today by Prime Minister Tony Abbott.
Atlassian founder Scott Farquhar said he would not stay in Australia if he was starting a tech company today.
Tight US immigration laws could be closing the “brain drain” of foreign startups that defect to Silicon Valley, according to startup investors Bill Tai and Lars Rasmussen.
After a pivot into mobile payments, Ingogo has raised $9.1 million in a pre-IPO funding round.