- Australian businesses “struggling” to stay ahead of cloud, mobile security risk
- Vietnam police hunt hackers behind mass outage
- Apple to stop SSL 3.0 support for push notifications soon
- Government regulation on cloud security may spur SaaS use in health care
- Microsoft misses Windows bug, hackers slip past patch
funding - News, Features, and Slideshows
funding in pictures
An overhaul of the significant investor visa will increase startup access to venture capital in Australia, according to the Australian Industry (Ai) Group.
Australia’s startup scene has welcomed changes by the Abbott government to taxation of employee stock option plans (ESOPs) as a positive first step toward a thriving startup ecosystem.
The Australian government will reform how employee share options are taxed to make it easier for startups to attract and retain talent, as part of a $400 million Industry Innovation and Competitiveness Agenda unveiled today by Prime Minister Tony Abbott.
Atlassian founder Scott Farquhar said he would not stay in Australia if he was starting a tech company today.
Tight US immigration laws could be closing the “brain drain” of foreign startups that defect to Silicon Valley, according to startup investors Bill Tai and Lars Rasmussen.