- Private I: Trust and verify for network certificate roots
- Tech companies call on US to end bulk collection of metadata
- Many password strength meters are downright WEAK, researchers say
- Survey: 75 percent of firms would take hours or longer to spot breach
- Study: Compliance biggest cloud security challenge
free speech - News, Features, and Slideshows
Kill the mandatory data retention policy, Greens leader Scott Ludlam has urged.
Anonymity is an increasingly scarce commodity. Google's latest Transparency Report revealed government requests for data about users of its online services are increasing. It's not hard to find examples of threats to privacy — either intentional or unintentional.
An online petition to make distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks a legalised form of free speech has been created on the whitehouse.gov website.
An Illinois politician's attempt to unmask the identity of an e-mail poster who allegedly made disparaging remarks about her teenage son in an online forum is stirring a debate about free speech rights on the Internet.
Two Chinese bloggers separately detained for writing online about government corruption have had their charges dropped by police in recent weeks.