Fitbit is known for selling fitness trackers to consumers, but the company also sees its fortunes in the enterprise market.
Fitbit - News, Features, and Slideshows
The British Broadcasting Corporation announced yesterday that it would jump into the burgeoning market for small form-factor computers with the BBC Micro Bit, a microcomputer that's sort of a cross between a FitBit and a Raspberry Pi.
Fitbit appears to be holding its own against the Apple Watch and may have even outsold the device in the U.S. in May, according to estimates from one market researcher.
Fitbit sprinted into Wall Street in its debut as a public company Thursday, as its shares opened 52 percent higher than the price that the wearables company had set for them.
Wearable devices that track steps and monitor sleep may have been dismissed as fads, but Fitbit's upcoming initial public offering paints a different picture.
A place in your pocket is no longer enough for mobile gadget makers: now, they want your body.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.