Fitbit is known for selling fitness trackers to consumers, but the company also sees its fortunes in the enterprise market.
Fitbit - News, Features, and Slideshows
The British Broadcasting Corporation announced yesterday that it would jump into the burgeoning market for small form-factor computers with the BBC Micro Bit, a microcomputer that's sort of a cross between a FitBit and a Raspberry Pi.
Fitbit appears to be holding its own against the Apple Watch and may have even outsold the device in the U.S. in May, according to estimates from one market researcher.
Fitbit sprinted into Wall Street in its debut as a public company Thursday, as its shares opened 52 percent higher than the price that the wearables company had set for them.
Wearable devices that track steps and monitor sleep may have been dismissed as fads, but Fitbit's upcoming initial public offering paints a different picture.
A place in your pocket is no longer enough for mobile gadget makers: now, they want your body.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register