- Farmers shut out of online services by new identity scheme
- Facebook says you can be social and secure, acquires .onion address for Tor users
- Swedish hacker finds 'serious' vulnerability in OS X Yosemite
- Court rules cops can demand fingerprints, not passcodes, to unlock smartphones
- Twitter's MoPub ad exchange grabs Verizon tracking cookies, and more may follow
FiRe - News, Features, and Slideshows
FiRe in pictures
The PR people from Amazon got in touch after I published my review of the new Amazon Fire Phone (Amazon Fire Phone: Nice but nothing to get fired up about). They had a couple of points they asked me to clarify:
The long wait is over – Amazon's phone is official.
The mobile industry has reassured travellers that mobile phones don’t interfere with airplanes or ignite fires at automobile petrol stations.
Bushfires have caused power outages at Optus mobile sites in New South Wales, the number-two telco reported.
Telstra CEO David Thodey personally apologised for outages in south-west Victoria following a fire that took out part of the telco’s Warrnambool exchange.