- Megaupload seeks return of millions in frozen Hong Kong assets
- Privacy jitters derail controversial K-12 big data initiative
- Cloud attacks are following enterprise workloads
- Survey respondents shun much-hyped mobile shopping technologies
- Russian SMS Trojan for Android hits US, dozens of other countries
- Should Australians prepare for rubber-hose cryptanalysis?
- USB Type-C: Simpler, faster and more powerful
- Data retention: Just like diamonds, metadata is forever
- Connected vehicle tech trial to start trucking on in NSW
- UPDATED: 4G in Australia: The state of the nation
The mobile industry has reassured travellers that mobile phones don’t interfere with airplanes or ignite fires at automobile petrol stations.
Bushfires have caused power outages at Optus mobile sites in New South Wales, the number-two telco reported.
Telstra CEO David Thodey personally apologised for outages in south-west Victoria following a fire that took out part of the telco’s Warrnambool exchange.
Telstra repair work in south-west work continues more than a week after a fire took our part of the telco’s exchange in Warrnambool.
An inquiry has been launched into the fire at a Telstra exchange in Warrnambool, Victoria, which cut off the telco’s fixed line network to 60,000 residents.
Businesses are realizing that the cloud is the future of enterprise software and offers many attractive business benefits. But there is much to think about when evaluating the potential move to a cloud model, especially for core systems like ERP. View IDC’s White Paper ERP in the Cloud and the Modern Business, written by Mike Fauscette, Group Vice President, Software Business Solutions, IDC, to review IDC CloudTrack Survey findings, gain expert insight into the challenges and opportunities the cloud presents, and determine which deployment option could provide the biggest benefits for your organization. View the White Paper to discover: How to run your business more effectively in the cloud; How to choose the right deployment model for your ERP solutions; How new technologies create opportunities to innovate, giving you that competitive advantage
Why do we continue to pay the earth for global roaming? With Telstra increasing global roaming charges by 100-500% in over 180 countries, bill shock can only get worse. This paper investigates why, what and how your company can address the need for global coverage.