- The 10 most terrifying security nightmares revealed at the Black Hat and Def Con hacker conferences
- NIST taking input for mobile security guidelines
- City of London Police brings in Kaspersky to train officers to tackle cybercrime
- US agencies to release cyberthreat information faster to the health-care industry
- Should companies practice data retention or data destruction?
fibre-to-the-node (FTTN) - News, Features, and Slideshows
Nearly 92,000 people have issued a plea to prime minister elect Tony Abbott to continue the National Broadband Network (NBN) with a fibre-to-the-home plan, instead of the Coalition’s proposed fibre-to-the-node plan.
The NBN will be a boon to Australian healthcare regardless of which political party has its way on the final technology approach for delivery, officials from health IT vendors said at a lunch in Sydney.
If the Coalition wins the September federal election, the changes to the rollout plan for the National Broadband Network (NBN) have significant implications for Telstra's copper network, which will require negotiations between the telco and the new government.
It could take years and extra cash to Telstra for the Coalition to revamp the NBN into a fibre-to-the-node scheme, according to Internode founder Simon Hackett.
Telecommunications analyst Paul Budde has called a user pays system for the National Broadband Network (NBN) a "cop out".
- Xero forms strategic partnership with Telstra at Xerocon 2014
- Is Big Data watching you at the watercooler?
- NBN FTTN pilot records download speeds of 96Mbps
- WESTCON IMAGINE 2014: Understanding the job makes IT departments relevant, says Kevin Bloch
- FireEye highlights virtualisation and security opportunities in Sydney (+15 photos)
- Expedia MD: How we're rallying around the customer
- NRMA launches new content portal for over 50s
- Australians lead the world for programmatic video advertising growth
- Growth hacking and bridging the marketing/product gap: The Hipages story
- CMO Council State of Marketing shows CMO confident in c-level role, revenue targets