fibre network - News, Features, and Slideshows
Perth-based Amcom Telecommunications (ASX: AMM) has acquired Megaport’s fibre network in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane for $15 million.
Fibre/Ethernet and Internet segments helped propel Vocus Communications (ASX: VOC) to a revenue of $92.3 million for the financial year ended June 2014. This was up 38 per cent on 2013’s revenue of $66.9 million.
Consumers living in areas of Victoria between Warrnambool and Geelong will receive access to Nextgen Group’s optical fibre network following a partnership between the vendor and the Victorian government.
Vocus Communications (ASX: VOC) has announced plans to extend its dark fibre service into North Sydney suburbs to improve connection speeds for customers.
Around 10,600 premises have been switched on to the National Broadband Network (NBN) in Tasmania today.
NBN Co has announced that it will be launching a 1 Gigabit wholesale broadband service by December 2013 to areas that can access the National Broadband Network (NBN).
Telstra landline, mobile and broadband services are progressively being restored across Central and Northern Queensland following repairs to a damaged fibre optic cable at Colosseum.
Telstra has signed a $90 million National Broadband Network (NBN) contract with Visionstream to provision services for the network.
Vocus Communications (ASX:VOC) has entered a binding agreement to acquire Newcastle-based data centre and fibre provider Ipera Communications for $9.8 million.
- Optus Business boosts Microsoft skills with Ensyst acquisition
- New Vocus/Amcom entity will have initial personnel restructure
- Schneider Electric wins 2014 Platts Global Energy Award
- New undersea cable to link Australia and New Zealand
- Communications service providers will face heavy capex in coming years: Ovum
- Fashioning a new style of customer interaction at The PAS Group
- Infographic: Top digital trends in 2015
- Technology, simplicity and culture: Behind the scenes of Sensis’ digital transformation
- Melbourne Stars look to fan engagement with mobile marketing offer
- Forget 2015: Bing already knows which people, products and trends will win next year