FedEx - News, Features, and Slideshows
FedEx isn't worried about car-hailing startups encroaching on the parcel delivery business.
Riddle this: All your core performance metrics are glowing green, but customers on the other end of the network are still cursing your service. How can IT get to the root of the problem?
The Security for Business Innovation Council, comprised of IT security professionals from 19 companies worldwide, called Cloud computing the main disruptive force for 2013. In its report, "Information Security Shake-Up," the group said it was evident many organizations are preparing to move more business processes to the cloud. This year, it will even be "mission-critical apps and regulated data" consigned to the cloud.
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
ORLANDO -- "You have to be a masochist to want to be an IT person,'' says Robert Carter. And he would know. Carter is the soft-spoken, hard-driving CIO who has been fighting for the past 11 years to transform IT operations at FedEx, where "the planes don't fly and trucks don't roll without IT services.''
Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night can compare with the challenges currently facing the United States Postal Service. Email continues to have a crippling effect on the centuries-old agency: The volume of first-class mail, or stamped mail, plummeted by 2.8 billion pieces in 2013.
The newest piece of ransomware is particularly nasty and, once you've got it, it's a real pain to get rid of. Here's how to protect your corporate assets before getting bit.
IT is uniquely positioned to drive green IT projects by identifying opportunities for operational efficiency -- and helping to build the business case.
Want to know which organizations have earned a spot on Computerworld's Best Places to Work in IT list in multiple years? Browse, search or sort the listings from 1994 to the present.
Out of the blue, phishing attacks previously caught in the spam filter are getting through to employee inboxes.
- Netgear launches its first Cloud-based IT service platform
- Gazal Telecom ends up on ASIC wind up list
- Technology is not the biggest security problem: CompTIA
- Huawei Australia and the Canberra Raiders get behind Bowel Cancer Australia
- Public safety technology is central to becoming a smart city: Hitachi Data Systems
- Google asks for, and gets, extra time to respond to European antitrust charges
- Huawei's Honor brand strives to become global
- Workday spans finance and HR with real-time planning tool
- Update: Google, Microsoft, Oracle back new R Consortium at Linux Foundation
- AllSeen cuts the ribbon on a bridge to other IoT worlds
- Report: Aussie CMOs strive for customer centricity but hindered by pace of change
- Microsoft hands some of the reins for its display ad business to AOL
- Why Open Colleges, Virgin Mobile are backing a new tool for brand advocacy
- Digital marketers look for behavioral triggers
- Can brand builders do well and do good?